- Full Time
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
Canadian Canning is a Hamilton, ON-based. We are looking for a talented, detail-oriented, hardworking individual to join our team as an Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to learn and grow in the accounting field.
- Prepare monthly financial statements by analyzing and analyzing data.
- Prepare and review journal entries, balance sheet accounts, and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare bank deposits and credit card payments.
- Assist with month-end closing procedures.
- Assist with month-end reconciliations.
- Assist with month-end tax returns preparation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage the collection process, which includes email notifications, phone calls, and communication.
- File GST/HST, PD7A, and WSIB remittances.
- College or equivalent education in business administration and accounting tuition reimbursement.
- Minimum of 1 years of related experience in accounting or finance is required.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Strong computer skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, QuickBooks Online, and QuickBooks Desktop software applications. Experience with QuickBooks Desktop ERP is a plus!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hamilton, ON L8W 3N1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.