- Full Time
- Brampton, ON, Canada
Pearl Builders Group Ltd
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Accounting Manager to join our team. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial reporting, accounting operations, and compliance. You will work closely with the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate financial statements, maintain strong internal controls, and provide strategic financial analysis to drive business decisions.
- Provide comprehensive financial reporting and monthly updates to senior management of current projects and investments
- Report on financial performance (actual costs vs. budgeted) on a project-level
- Prepare annual financial statements and supporting working paper file.
- Coordinate and work with external accounting firm to complete review/audit engagements
- Ensure that all real-estate activities (leasing, property tax, insurance, legal, etc.) are accurate accounted for and accurate cost tracking is completed
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings, including analyzing and reconciling general ledgers
- Prepare working papers for tax team to complete all tax compliance work
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows by maintaining internal safeguards for revenue receipts and processing of payments and comparing company and project budgets with actual revenues and expenditures.
- Maintain and update all records for fixed assets and land inventory
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on monthly and annual basis.
- Provide cash flow budgets through coordination with various teams on a project-level
- Update and submit construction draw requests for financing purposes
- Prepare and manage master budget for company expenses and identify any discrepancies for review with senior management
- Prepare and manage the production of quarterly reports and forecasts for the fiscal year and review with the executive team
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- 5 – 10 years of professional accounting experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting standards and construction accounting practices, banking processes and financial data analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate, sales and payroll tax regulations
- Exemplary history of financial project management.
- Experience leading a small accounting/finance team is an asset.
- Professional certification, such as CPA (certified public accountant) is an asset.
- Experience in streamlining accounting processes is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.