The Accounting Specialist performs general accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of various accounting transactions, including accounts payable, journal entry & accrual processing, PO processing, fixed asset accounting and balance sheet account reconciliations. The Accounting Specialist will adhere to and is expected to promote all Accuristix Health and Safety policies or programs. The Accounting Specialist will also promote and exemplify all Accuristix values and core competencies. The Accounting Specialist will report to the Accounting Supervisor.
Finance Accounting & Reporting
- Assisting with day-to-day accounting functions in support of the finance department, specifically the accounting support and payroll administration roles.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice.
- Perform various month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Process selected monthly journal entries & accruals.
- Assist in producing various accounting reports.
- Assist in month end closing process.
- Assist with all weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or year-end processes as required.
- Compiling financial and non-financial data and analyzing information and highlighting information for decision making for various stakeholders (internal and external).
- Various set up of customers, vendors, chart of accounts within the system.
- Assist with other areas and supports full function of corporate finance.
- Prepare monthly warehousing billings and weekly transportation billings.
- Provide backup support to various billing requirements.
- Follow up on remittances and collections.
- Follow up on disputed invoices.
- Generate and submit sales summary and detail reports.
- Assist other areas such as collection forecasting, reports, and reconciliations.
- Request for remittance details.
- Daily cash receipts.
- Summarizing and providing forecasting as required for receipts, payments, etc., and assist with reporting.
- Receive, verify, record invoices in correct site.
- Reconcile supplier statements – monthly for major suppliers & quarterly for all suppliers.
- Prepare and process accounts payable cheques, wire transfers and ACH payments.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; scheduling and preparing cheques; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Follow up with temporary staffing agencies for weekly invoices.
- Calculate, track, and submit cost allocations for bills.
- Compile and manage expense reports.
- Inventory summarization and costing
- Reconciliation and review of source data to sub-ledgers vs various systems and identification of any variances.
- Provide backup support as required.
- Assist with preparation and administration of bi-weekly payroll as required while meeting strict deadlines set forth by payroll provider ensuring accuracy of all wages, vacations, expenses overtime and bonuses.
- Assist with preparation and reconciliation of payroll ledgers including but not limited to Garnishments, RRSP plans, Taxable benefit updates.
- Assist with preparation of journal entries, forms, records of employment, tax forms.
- Ensuring the absolute confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and data.
- Perform other tasks/duties as requested including special projects.
- High involvement with quarter end audits, year-end audits, and Internal control over financial reporting requirements including special projects and compiling reports and information for month-end reporting/budgeting/forecasting and in supporting operations.
- Assist with duties of subsidiary companies as required.
- Support other projects as required.
- Role will be assigned tasks that are related to Accuristix Group of companies including Nova pack and other entities with respect to accounting, payroll, projects etc.
Qualifications and required skills
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration or Accounting
- Minimum of 2 year of accounting related experience.
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Office suite with particular emphasis on Excel, Outlook.
- Intermediate level competency in Microsoft Great Plains is an asset.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.