Mitsui & Co. (Australia) Ltd
MIOC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui & Co. Ltd which is one of the worlds most diversified trading, investment and services enterprises in Japan and has a global network in 63 countries with 128 offices in addition to a number of overseas affiliates for its diversified business.
MIOC invests in iron ore mines in the Pilbara (operated by BHP) together with its sister companies, Mitsui-Itochu Iron P/L (MII) and Mitsui & Co. Iron Ore Exploration & Mining P/L (MIOE). We have long-term investments in four iron ore projects in the Pilbara, spanning over.
We are looking for an accountant to join our team and provide financial and management accounting support for our iron ore joint ventures with BHP. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of accounting principles and practices, experience in Profit & Loss reporting with variance analysis, as well as exposure to joint venture accounting and foreign exchange concepts.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Month end closing process inclusive of reconciliations, journals etc
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting close and the consolidated financial management pack to HQ in Japan.
- Support the preparation of the monthly consolidated report for presentation to management and the Directors.
- Providing variance analysis commentary to financial reports, including analysis of BHP JV reports and data to provide insights into operating costs, capital expenditure, and JV trial balance movements.
- Assist in the preparation of annual corporate budgets.
- Monthly BAS preparation and assist with the preparation of other tax compliance reporting/documentation.
- Assist in the internal and external audit process.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including joint venture partners, external auditors, and suppliers.
Desired Skills and Experience
You will enjoy working within a successful team of talented individuals, an opportunity to utilise your existing skills and further develop and grow with the team. You will bring to the role a high level of enthusiasm and reliability. With the ability to work autonomously towards goals you will have the following experience:
- University degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting role.
- Good understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- An understanding of joint venture accounting and exposure to foreign exchange is highly regarded
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.