Sr. Risk Manager
The team is growing fast and we’re looking for a Sr. Risk Manager to join our team. This position is located in Dubai.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, which encourages growth in a safe environment for both our associates and our customers. Amazon’s Product Safety and Compliance (PSC) seeks to protect customers, associates and partners from unsafe products, provide technical expertise, pioneer innovative tech solutions to complex problems and deliver a world-class programmatic strategy to enable safe, compliant and efficient execution across our world-wide supply chain in an ever-changing environment. PSC seek to deliver on the above mandate, while all the time placing emphasis on improving the experience for Amazon’s Selling Partners for the products they sell via Amazon.
This job role will be based within the rapidly expanding Chemical Safety and Compliance (CSC) program, which forms a key pillar of the overall PSC organisation. CSC program has a mission to protect the health of associates, customers and supply chain partners by innovatively identifying hazardous chemical products across the catalogue, gathering required compliance documentation and improving the Selling Partner Experience. Taken together, this allows CSC to provide information to enable safe handling, storage, transport, usage and disposal of hazardous products across the worldwide Amazon network.
The Sr. Risk Manager will be responsible for driving cross functional projects to scale the Hazardous Goods compliance program at worldwide level. The candidate will work closely with Tech, Product, Legal, Selling Partner Experience (SPX), Storage, Supply chain and Business teams; they will also assist supporting the on-going operations of the CSC collection program, reporting on various KPI metrics. Finally, the candidate will be an active contributor to broader PSC compliance strategy and CSC roadmap discussions, with the opportunity to partake in key workflows with Snr Management.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Defining strategies and owning the delivery of multiple projects, taking ownership to monitor their progress against key milestones
- Leveraging a combination of data analysis skills, critical thinking and collaboration to clarify highly ambiguous problems and present tangible solution in an easy to understand format for leadership teams
- Advance scalable business solutions, which ensure compliance with local and global regulation
- Develop scalable mechanisms to report regular updates on projects within your ownership to key stakeholders, to ensure alignment is maintained across various WW teams
- Create and monitor business metrics reporting to track compliance and process effectiveness
- Support new business development related to chemicals
- Identify and follow-up on regulatory changes
- Manage enforcement in MENA and APAC regions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related area.
- 6+ years of experience managing medium to high complexity cross-functional programs, including multiple groups of stakeholders and in an international environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences.
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity and comfortable on taking the lead to problem solve
- Ability to design processes that start with the customer and work backward.
- Experience with root cause analysis and process design.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong delivery record.
- Entrepreneurship experience
- Experience in compliance programs
- Experience with chemical regulations such as GHS, REACH, CLP, TSCA
- Knowledge/Certification of Six Sigma/Lean
- Advanced user of data warehouse & SQL
- Knowledge of EU languages
To apply for this job please visit ae.linkedin.com.