Snr. Program & Business Analytics Manager
Amazon is rapidly expanding in Australia. We continue to invest heavily in the creation of a best in class delivery network to delight Australians with amazing customer experiences. Data is at the heart of everything we do and it’s especially critical to the success of our logistics teams in their quest to deliver your goods to you faster than ever before. To do so we have created the exciting position of Program & Business Analytics Manager.
As Program & Business Analytics Manager, you will own the project analytics pipeline, strategic and tactical delivery of quality/productivity analysis in a critical business portfolio. This newly created role requires project scoping and development sprints based on business criticality, coordinating and driving execution, and communicating across a variety of senior stakeholders where speed and attention to detail is vital.
Your goal will be to solve complex problems with simple and practical solutions by developing a deep knowledge of the operation processes. By creating effective communication plans which provide visibility for the Delivery Services organization you will ensure process alignment across; Tech/Dashboard enablement, operational planning, Ad-hoc data insights, automation.
This position requires excellent business acumen, statistical knowledge, and an understanding of the value proposition/benefits in speed, cost optimization, and global scale. Our environment is fast-paced, and requires someone who is enthusiastic, flexible, detail-oriented, analytical, and comfortable working with multiple teams and competing priorities.
Key job responsibilities
- Apply analytics and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learnings from large and complicated data sets.
- Design automated BI solutions for recurrent reporting (daily/weekly/monthly).
- Business Review reporting, strategy and program steering group lead co-ordination.
- Mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL.
- Own program communication, accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., path to green), escalating as appropriate.
- Publish, analyze and improve dashboards, operational business metrics decks and key performance indicators across planning cycles and ad-hoc basis.
- Interfacing with cross-functional teams to fully understand, drive, and support business strategy.
- Liaison between the business and global technical teams to provide actionable insights into current business performance, requiring data gathering and manipulation, synthesis and modelling, running simulations, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- 5+ years’ experience in analytics, data engineering or business intelligence from large scale business enterprise.
- Proficiency in writing sophisticated SQL, ETL code across multiple databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets.
- Vast experience in data visualization (Tableau, AWS QuickSight or similar tools).
- Expertise in Machine Learning application, Regression analysis and visual representation.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses and recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related technical field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in complex business analysis, including experience in operations and commercial analysis.
- Experience with AWS services and solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets (Python, R, Julia).
- Strong interpersonal skills and advanced ability to communicate complex technology solutions to senior leadership, gain alignment, and drive progress.
Acknowledgement Of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.