Senior Marketing Manager
We are looking for an innovative, customer-obsessed and analytical marketing leader to join the Category Marketing team at Amazon Retail Australia. Our vision is to deliver leading class shopping experiences for Aussie customers that are tailored to their shopping mission. We strive to offer customers Earth’s largest selection across diverse categories for including Media, Consumables, Electronics, Fashion, Home, Kitchen, Sports & Outdoors.
You will be responsible for gathering customer and category insights, developing ideas and experiments, building innovative solutions to delight customers and measuring impact. You will grow customer acquisition, engagement (frequency of shopping, basket building, spend per customer) and retention through exceptional marketing execution.
You will be customer-obsessed, demonstrate strong ownership and insist on high standards. You will collaborate with a team of diverse stakeholders across Central Marketing, Product/Programs, Vendor Management, Public Relations and Finance to inform and refine the customer engagement strategy and execution.
Our retail team operates out of our fabulous CBD office (conveniently located near many transportation options).
Amazon offers employees in the retail team a competitive remuneration package, including participation in the company stock plan as applicable. We also look after our people with benefits, such as subsidized private health insurance, superannuation and paid parental leave options, amongst others.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead a team of 2-3 members to develop, prioritise and execute a roadmap of initiatives to increase customer awareness and acquisition, engagement and retention within categories.
- Develop and execute processes and tools to scale marketing efforts, including automation.
- Build relationships with and influence teams across Vendor Management, Product/Programs, Central Marketing, Public Relations and Finance to jointly deliver customer solutions.
- Build scalable and personalised customer campaigns across owned channels (including Onsite, Email & Push) to achieve customer goals.
- Launch A/B tests and experiments to gather data on customer behaviour and inform launch decisions.
- Uncover best practice, including through Amazon’s global network, to deliver value for Australian customers.
- Analyse data and dive deep into customer metrics and research to develop actionable insights that drive customer growth and increase engagement.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Sydney, NSW, AUS
- 7+ years of professional non-internship marketing experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience with Excel or Tableau (data manipulation, macros, charts and pivot tables)
- Experience driving direction and alignment with cross-functional teams
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, from concept to completion
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently, balance business needs and customer expectations.
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Senior level marketing responsibility and proven track record of developing marketing plans and delivering results
- Experience using SQL to pull data and metrics to deliver reports
- Experience with basic HTML, website management and content management systems (CMS)
Acknowledgement Of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.