The Main Purpose of the job
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing daily operations of the kitchen area, implementation of the production process and managing the overall administration of the unit. The candidate should plan, organise and execute creative functions.
Education And Experience Required
- Relevant tertiary qualification in food and beverage services or culinary arts is compulsory.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of progressive culinary/kitchen management is compulsory.
- Hands on chef experience is compulsory.
- Knowledge of the computer is required.
- Experience working within budget guidelines to deliver results is compulsory.
- High volume, complex food service operation experience is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills And Competencies
- Knowledge of the catering environment ranging from fine dining to restaurant dining.
- Knowledge of South African and industry specific laws.
- Communication skills.
- Basic management skills.
- Ability to balance budget and save on soft costs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Key Areas Of Responsibility
- Managing daily operations of the kitchen area.
- Implementation of the production process.
- Managing overall administration of the unit.
- Attend to all functions as per client’s request.
- Managing Health and Safety of kitchen
- Coming up with innovated Menus weekly
To apply for this job please visit za.linkedin.com.