Jazz Aviation LP
Purpose of the position:
Provide support to department leaders and provide financial information on accounting and finance matters. The incumbent will also act as a resource to the Finance department for large scale data analysis, reporting and identifying opportunities for process improvement and automation.
- Support the month-end close process for the respective CFO’s area of responsibility, while verifying accuracy of general ledger information and dates. Manage accounting documents and provide feedback ensuring balances are supportable and adequate.
- Prepare and import accruals for major income and expenses into Epicor, maintain reconciliations and support backup of each transaction.
- Prepare and import into Epicor re-schedules and other journal entries, including cost allocations for intra-company and related transactions.
- Ensure that all relevant accounting records are maintained to a high degree of accuracy.
- In collaboration with the Treasury, prepare and issue invoices to customers with supporting documents.
- Validate and code invoices in Ariba as needed.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts, prepare documentation for audits each quarter and respond to related queries received.
- Review and adjust expense details prior to closing to ensure reasonableness.
- Prepare variance analysis and provide explanations on revenues and expenses, planned and actual expenses, comparison between two years and between two quarters.
- Measure key performance indicators and produce related reports.
- Communicate with senior management and executives regarding financial results and variances.
- Point of contact for managers and directors of the various departments regarding accounting and financial matters.
- Prepare and review cost statements and variance explanation reports for managers and vice presidents.
- Support the Manager – Financial Services for the area of responsibility of the respective CFO with the planning and preparation of the annual budget, forecasting and the Capacity Purchase Agreement (CAC) scoring process. Provide recommendations, assistance and support to managers and directors of the various departments.
- Coordinate with department heads on the creation and coordination of cost models for major revenues and expenses, incorporating key performance indicators and central assumptions and historical data to create predictive estimates.
- Support department heads with historical and trending spending reports to aid in decision-making.
- Log and import forecast models into Epicor.
- Prepare reports and provide explanations for variances from previous forecasts to directors and vice presidents.
- Prepare and determine CAC related rates. These rates are required to bill Air Canada and are part of the commercial contract negotiations.
- Analyze large-scale financial and operational data to identify trends and find savings opportunities.
- Review existing procedures in the area of responsibility of the respective CFO, in order to simplify processes and increase efficiency, while improving our financial and management reporting.
- Assist the Manager – Financial Services in the review and approval of financing and the signing of authorization requests.
- Perform their duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while prioritizing their safety, the safety of their colleagues and customers.
- Other related duties assigned.
- Must have a post-secondary degree.
- Must have completed or be in the process of completing their training to obtain the CPA (chartered professional accountant) designation.
- Must have at least three years of work experience as a financial analyst.
- Strong analytical mind, aptitude for quantitative purposes and project planning.
- Must have good skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate at multiple scales and through multiple means.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, achieve objectives and work under pressure.
- Ability to grasp key issues, analyze alternatives and recommend appropriate solutions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.