Ramsay Health Care
- Permanent Full time opportunity
- Flexibility is required to work across a 14-day roster period which may involve weekdays, weekend, and public holidays.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the preparation and serving of nutritious and appetising meals for patients, staff, functions, and visitors of the hospital.
As Joondalup Health Campus understands the importance of nutritious and appetising meals in the overall recovery for our patients, you will not only work alongside our dedicated catering team, but also our Dietitians and / or relevant managers to ensure dietary needs are catered to where required.
Duties and responsibilities will involve but are not limited to.
- Ensuring all meals are presented in appropriate proportion, of the correct temperature and according to the Joondalup Health Campus Food Safety Program and State Nutritional Guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Food Safety Standards Australia New Zealand
- Demonstrate awareness and ability to meet the dietary needs of all customers ensuring ingredients are accurately measured to meet specific dietary needs
- Ensure a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and food preparation areas
- Assist in the ordering of all food stock, ingredients, supplies and equipment
To succeed in this role you will be a qualified chef with a passion for culinary preparation and service. Ideally, you will bring experience within a clinical setting or in preparing food for medical patients.
Working in a fast-paced environment, your strong time management skills, organisational skills, and your ability to handle high volume catering workflows will be key to this role.
You will also bring:
- Trade Certificate in Catering/Chef
- Food Hygiene Certificate of HACCP Training Certificate is desirable
- Demonstrated experience as a chef in a large-scale food preparation environment
- Excellent time management skills to handle a high volume of catering workflows
- Commitment to excellence in preparation and supply of food services
- Commitment to excellence in hygiene standards
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus. JHC is a dynamic, interesting and rewarding place to work.
Our caring and constructive organisational culture and the teamwork of our loyal and committed staff help us to deliver excellent health care and achieve positive outcomes for our patients. Ramsay Health Care is committed to Child Safety.
Benefits! Ramsay has a great range of employee benefits including:
- Extensive Professional development programs including Post-graduate and Formal Education Scholarships
- Flexible work opportunities – have a say in your roster times
- Corporate discounts for leisure travel with selected Hotels
- Discounts on personal care hire from Hertz
- National scholarship program available to support your career progression
- Free access to LinkedIn Learning – over 18,000 courses to advance your professional education
- Access counselling, wellbeing services, legal and financial assistance
- Flexible Leave Program: purchase additional annual leave
- Discounts off selected hospital and extras private health insurance – you’ll pay less for hospital cover and receive a higher extras limit for things like General and Major Dental
- Hospital, Allied Health & Pharmacy discounts
- Salary sacrifice opportunities e.g., airport lounge membership, self-education expenses, novated leasing and more
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.