City of Cape Town
- Minimum National Diploma in Building, Construction Management,
Quantity Surveying, Architecture or Civil engineering
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in construction industry
- Computer literacy experience in MS Word, MS Excel and drawing
- Communication, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Code EB driver’s licence is essential
Key Performance Areas
- Undertake Inspection duties involved in the building development process in order to ensure that all building activities in your area comply with all applicable laws and that any transgressors or complainants are communicated with and dealt with effectively.
- Ensuring that national building regulations, NHBRC, health and safety, and building quality standards are adequately accommodated in the planning, design, implementation, certification and handover stages of housing projects in the region
- Ensuring a safe and healthy environment as defined in the National Building Regulations Act, Noas amended, together with all other applicable laws for the sake of public safety and health- related matters.
- Preparing site inspection reports in respect of unauthorized building work for legal notices / action by others
- Updating records of house completions by stages for PHP, contractor built and other projects
- Undertaking site inspection on request by project managers, engineers, building contractors in order to provide on-site information
- Facilitate reduction of conflict between different groups in a project and to promote understanding of the housing environment
- Monitoring the performance of all service providers to ensure compliance with their brief and their payment for completed work stages
- Advising and assisting with local labour issues, including training and capacity building
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.