City of Hamilton
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged empowered employees. Help us achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 Full-Time Temporary
HOURS Of WORK: 35.00 per week
SALARY/HOUR: $29.085 – $31.614 per hour
- Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
STATUS/LENGTH: Full Time Temporary
- Note: This position is expected to be for up to 18 months due to a backfill
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, Surveys. Performs Property Clerk duties to support the operations of the section, and maintains and compiles various statistical data and reports concerning surveying and City property records.
Maintains a filing system such as correspondence, real estate opinions, and surplus lands.
Maintains computerized survey data such as property records, plan indexes, field note indexes, spreadsheets, and databases.
Prepares, co-ordinates, and provides mailing lists for sewer, road and water projects using GIS Property Information Extractor.
Co-ordinates and circulates notices of surplus lands for divisional response.
Creates project files for Geomatics projects.
Assist in the set-up, training, and orientation of new and current staff and students.
Prepares draft by-laws for road widenings and reserve dedications.
Prepares draft documents in Teraview for registration of road widening and reserve by-laws.
Prepares draft legal descriptions.
Searches title in Teraview and reports ownership findings to City staff.
Calculates Registry Office expenditures. Requisitions payments.
Maintains account balances for Teraview account charges.
Assists in Maintaining Provincial Survey Records Index.
Prepares white prints and digital copies of stock survey plans.
Scans documents, plans, field notes, and various correspondence and indexes in appropriate database.
Receives and answers inquiries from staff via phone, email and mail relating to land information.
Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to title records at Land Registry Offices. Previous demonstrated experience researching records for legal surveys, land descriptions and reports of land ownership.
2. Proven knowledge of methodology for registration of legal survey plans and documents.
3. Exceptional organizational skills and knowledge in managing and maintaining databases. Proven ability to assume a lead role in maintaining land, permit related databases and GIS systems.
4. Ability to input and retrieve property files.
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all levels of staff and client departments.
6. Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint. Ability to input data at an acceptable speed. Experience with GIS and CAD would be considered an asset.
7. Must possess maturity, initiative, good judgement and the ability to provide guidance and take leadership role when necessary.
Be advised that Human Resources frequently audits resumes of internal/external applicants to ensure/validate information provided is consistent and trustworthy. Falsification of information provided at any time throughout the recruitment process may be grounds for disqualification, and for internal applicants, subject to discipline up to and including termination.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, the City of Hamilton is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. The City will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.