City of Saskatoon
Under supervision of the Real Estate Manager, This position is responsible for the timely and cost effective acquisition, disposal, leasing and maintenance of civic lands & buildings.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as corporate consultant and real estate agent for civic acquisitions, leases and sales.
- Negotiates on behalf of Saskatoon Land to secure property acquisitions, leases, land exchanges, easements, and any other real estate related requirements to support future City growth and/or expansion of infrastructure.
- Administers and directs the preparation and compliance of real estate agreements, including processing of legal documentation and reports to conclude the transactions.
- Prepares and presents reports and recommendations for City Council, Council Committees and Senior Administration.
- Prepares and provides estimates of market value and lease rates of all types of real estate.
- Reviews and critiques appraisal reports prepared by private sector appraisers.
- Performs research to identify and evaluate emerging market trends comparative pricing strategies
- Supervises, trains, mentors and coaches assigned staff, including conducting annual performance reviews.
- Assists in the planning, preparation, and implementation of multi-year corporate real estate objectives.
- Directs the on-going maintenance of all land acquired for future land development and/or future civic uses.
- Develops and maintains information systems, database standards and research criteria.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business in Real Estate, Commerce, Urban Planning, Business Administration or related field.
- Possession of the Accredited Appraiser Canadian Institute (AACI) designation from the Appraisal Institute of Canada, or full Membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) and the Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute, or professional membership in a related field.
- Five years current experience in commercial real estate services including negotiation for the acquisition/sale/lease of land and buildings; administration of property leases; property management; project management; and coordination of property environmental investigations;
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $84,790.56 to $93,481.20 CAD per annum
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.