City of Saskatoon
This position plans, directs, monitors and controls the maintenance and cleaning of transit vehicles, associated equipment and passenger amenities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- 1. Supervises, schedules and trains staff. Assists with the recruitment process and performs disciplinary action, as required.
- 2. Directs staff in the proper operating procedures and safe handling of shop equipment, tools, chemicals, and related materials.
- 3. Participates in the investigation and analysis of workplace accidents, report’s findings and recommends corrective action.
- 4. Supervises and coordinates transit security programs.
- 5. Monitors and reports on the progress of maintenance activities, record keeping and building repairs.
- 6. Maintains records associated with all Transit staff training programs, vehicle accidents, adjudications and operator certifications and assessments.
- 7. Provides recommendations regarding the development of tender specifications for transit vehicles, shop equipment and tools.
- 8. Assists with the development of scheduling, writing, and implementing policies and procedures.
- 9. Assists with long-term strategies regarding the replacement and procurement of transit vehicles, shop equipment and tools.
- 10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of one year of a recognized post-secondary program in a related discipline.
- Four to six years’ progressively responsible experience. Experience in the transit or transportation industry is an asset.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 2A Driver’s Licence.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to provide supervision, leadership and training in order to achieve desired results.
- Ability to interpret and administer relevant aspects of the collective agreement.
- Ability to assess and resolve complaints in a satisfactory manner, including investigating and recommending appropriate solutions.
- Ability to provide effective customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to investigate and analyze accidents and record related data accurately.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of a computer with word-processing, databases and spreadsheets.
Shift work and weekend work will be involved.
Weekly Hours: 36.67
Salary Range: $71,064.48 to $83,177.52 CAD per annum
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.