City of Vaughan
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Stakeholder and Community Engagement, the Senior Coordinator, Stakeholder and Community Engagement, provides professional engagement planning and execution support for the organization. Ensures delivery of sound public consultation processes through collaboration with members of the public, community stakeholders and partners and internal departments.
Upon employee request, this position is eligible to take part in our hybrid work model as outlined in the City’s Alternative Work Arrangement Policy.
Supporting Community Engagement Activities
• Supports the Supervisor, Stakeholder and Community Engagement, to develop engagement plans based on each project’s unique requirements.
• Drafts various products and materials
to support the planning and design of various public engagement elements (such as public meetings, workshops, open houses, charrettes, focus groups, etc.) to encourage public participation, support project objectives and create an informed public.
• Collaborates with project teams across the organization to provide advice and expertise on issues and best practices related to public consultation.
• Ensures public consultation programs meet the requirements for corporate policies, City Council direction, and federal and provincial legislation.
• Researches emerging trends in public participation.
Coordinating the Citizen Survey
• Assists with the project management of the Citizen Survey (conducted every two years), including working with external consultants to carry out the survey, coordinating external and internal communications, and prepare a report to Council.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline (i.e., communications, public relations, public administration, social science, journalism political science).
• Minimum of three (3) years’ related experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of the role of Council and the municipal relationship with other levels of government.
• Exceptional communication skills, including writing, storytelling and the ability to interpret technical information into a written form that is understandable by the general public.
• Demonstrated sound judgement and ability to build strong partnerships with stakeholders.
• Advanced knowledge in social media and communication trends.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with strong attentional to detail.
• Possess a valid Ontario ‘G’ driver’s license, in good standing, with access to a reliable vehicle for corporate use.
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as required.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.