City of Vaughan
The City of Vaughan is an equal opportunity employer serving one of the fastest-growing municipalities in Canada, we are an organization committed to diversity and inclusivity, providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork are fostered. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for, we continuously employ workplace best-practices – and they’re getting noticed! Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow.
Responsible for infrastructure planning in support of the City’s growth management strategy; protecting, establishing and reviewing all aspects of the City’s municipal water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure related programs, policies and by-laws. Provides technical expertise, advice, assistance and guidance with respect to water and sewer infrastructure as required. Ensures the appropriate review of all development applications, master planning initiatives, capital projects and operation/maintenance related programs from a water and sanitary sewer perspective, recommending appropriate development approval conditions. Supervises, reviews and directs the work of staff and engages consultants/contractors as necessary.
Qualifications and experience:
• Undergraduate Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with the Professional Engineers Ontario or suitable equivalent.
• Minimum of five (5) years proven, progressive and more responsible municipal engineering design, planning and project management experience in municipal water/wastewater/services and related linear infrastructure.
• Capable of setting key project milestones, including the determination of appropriate deliverables. Strong vendor management abilities and contract negotiation and monitoring. Ability to self-manage in a timely and organized fashion.
• Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) through the Project Management Institute and/or considerable project management experience is considered an asset.
• Excellent knowledge of municipal engineering industry standards, trends, emerging issues and applicable legislative requirements.
• Proficiency with specialized computer software applications and techniques for design and analysis work in the field of municipal engineering.
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills; excellent oral and written communications skills on technical and non-technical matters. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, staff, members of Council, consultants, and the development industry.
• Knowledge of the Environmental Assessment Act, Ontario Safe Drinking Water Act, the Planning Act, and employment and human rights legislation.
• Ability to identify issues, challenges, and opportunities and propose solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Valid Ontario Class ‘G’ driver’s license in good standing and reliable vehicle to utilize on corporate business.
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.