- Full Time
- Saskatoon, SK, Canada
The Communications Technician will be responsible for installation, terminating and testing of a structured wiring system. Coordinating with team members to ensure an effective and successful transfer of the system at site. The Communications Technician will communicate on a regular basis with Senior Management to discuss project specifics and provide regular updates. The communications Technician will maintain and provide accurate and detailed reports for Senior Management and/or Clients.
- In coordination with our Sr. Project Manager and client, to plan and schedule the specific deliverables involved with the equipment and material for site(s).
- Organize any documentation you will require for the work being performed, fill it out accurately during the project and submit it to your team and client .
- Go over the PSA (Pre-job safety assessment) with all personnel attending the site.
- Familiarize yourself with all systems so you can properly assess each procedure.
- Analyze submitted test reports and provide formal feedback
- Prepares and keeps up-to-date the pre-commissioning and commissioning execution plans (including the schedule and the mobilization of personnel and equipment for commissioning activities).
- You will act as an owners representative, overviewing and verifying all work completed.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all documentation received.
- Report deficiencies.
- Preparation of the pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Preparation of the performance test procedures and of the operating manuals with the process team.
- Manage the execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
- Prepare the commissioning progress reports to the Senior Management and to the client.
- Ensure the preparation of final reports and certificates.
- 3-5 years of Experience in the Field of Communications Cabling Industry
- Steel toe boots required Scheduling flexibility to complete assigned tasks
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Familiar with TIA cabling standards.
- Certifications such as BICSI, Panduit, Corning, Commscope or Belden and/or CNET are desired
- Knowledgeable in various types of testing equipment i.e. Fluke testers Self-starter; works with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of multiple hardware technologies
- Demonstrate personal HSSE and excellent HSE behaviors at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained
- Competent/good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with the project Commissioning Team as well Client representatives.
- Depending on project, travel may be 21 days on and 7 days off or Monday through Friday.
- Expect 75% of work to include travel
- Hotel and LE expenses are paid
Symtech Innovations is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please contact hr. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, provincial, state, or local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Salary or hourly expectations:
- What is your personal email address (for contacting purposes)?
- telecommunication: 1 year (required)
Willingness to travel:
- 75% (required)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.