Vancouver Airport Authority
One of YVR’s major goals is to have net zero emissions by. This ambitious goal creates many opportunities for us to work with our partners and the airport community on projects to achieve this target. The Engineering Projects Department is an integral part of YVR, we support the construction and development projects on Sea Island. The Engineering Department works with internal and external to achieve the goals of YVR Executive Team and leadership.
Are you passionate about project engineering? Do you have knowledge of the construction industry practices and standards? Are you interested in building your career in the aviation industry?
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Project Engineer in the Engineering Projects Department. Reporting to the Manager, Airport Terminal Projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and management of a diverse array of small to mid-sized design and construction projects, with a focus on airport terminal and ancillary buildings, while supporting Senior Project Engineers with the delivery of larger or more complex projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing assigned capital and investment projects, including developing project requirements, project scope, budget and schedule
- Preparing and delivering on project implementation plans in collaboration with YVR stakeholders and Airport Operations and Maintenance, while acting as a leader in the areas of construction safety and environmental stewardship
- Preparation and evaluation of Request for Proposal and Tender documents, including scope of work definition, technical requirements and schedule constraints
- Managing design teams to develop contract documents and meet desired project outcomes while adhering to scope, schedule and budget
- Maintaining and managing construction contracts, schedules, and project budgets including forecasting costs and risk management
- Liaising with internal Airport Authority departments and external stakeholders throughout the projects, and facilitating discussions, reviews, inspections, and site visits.
Key qualifications include:
- Completion of a university degree in civil, mechanical or electrical engineering combined with a minimum of two years’ (for Junior Project Engineer) or five years’ (for Intermediate Project Engineer) experience in the design, construction or consulting industry
- Registered or eligible to register as an Engineer-in-Training with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC); completion of the Law and Ethics seminar is required
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and standards; knowledge of airport operations is an asset
- Strong project management, organization and knowledge of contract law and contract administration processes
- Proficiency using Microsoft office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
This position is open to both Vancouver Airport Authority employees and external applicants. Previous job performance will be taken into consideration for all internal candidates that apply for this position.
Who We Are
YVR is more than just an airport. We connect our beautiful province and all it has to offer to the world. We are all leaders and trailblazers for change and innovation, so no matter the department or team you’re a part of, the work you do matters.
At YVR, we are flexible in everything we do. We will work together to find ways to deliver customer excellence that helps us all thrive. We strive to provide an environment that reflects the diversity of our communities, allowing us to better serve them.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.