ABC Technologies Inc. is a world leader in vertically integrated plastic processing, supporting a global organization with locations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. ABC Technologies’ core business as an Automotive Tier 1 supplier is in the Design, Development and Production of plastic automotive systems and components for OEMs worldwide.
Reporting to the Quality Manager and working directly with manufacturing plants and other corporate support processes, you will be a key in developing and maintaining our system ensures that all products within the company meet consistent standards, develop, and implement quality control tests.
Furthermore, it is also the responsibility of the employee to contribute to a positive work environment where fairness, equity and non-discriminatory practices are the standard. It is your responsibility and the responsibility of all employees to perform your work safely, with consideration and adherence to legislative requirements and our established health and safety policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Attend customer warranty return part reviews to determine fault and potential cost allocation.
- Coordination of returned part analysis with plants/program management and completion of root cause & problem-solving documentation as required.
- Regular downloading, analysis and reporting of customer warranty data.
- Coordination of plant specific action plans for warranty cost reduction.
- Maintenance of ACD quality reports (Ford Scorecard, GM Bidlist, overall performance summaries)
- Support plants to resolve issues involving measurement error; support with the customer as required.
- Prepare reports on dimensional issues as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Travel up to 50% of time at peak periods; normally 20% travel is anticipated. Must be eligible to travel to the US and Internationally.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Four-year Degree Mechanical Engineering / Engineering Technology.
- Experience in measuring automotive / aerospace components.
- Knowledge of GD&T; experience in GD&T for automotive / aerospace components.
- Understanding of Checking Fixture / Gauge Design, including standards for Gauge Designs and Approvals in an automotive OEM / Supplier environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Solid experience in automotive PPAP protocols and Measurement System Analysis rules under TS16949.
- Good understanding of SPC Statistical Process Control. Knowledge of Minitab is a plus but not necessary.
- Able to understand Gauges and CMM programs to identify and reduce sources of measurement error.
- Knowledge of Measurement equipment, including Fixed and Portable CMM, Laser, White Light, Optical, etc., and the ability to determine optimum measurement solutions based on technical specifications and product applications.
- Highly organized and disciplined, able to work independently and react quickly to high demand urgent situations when needed.
- Strong verbal and written communication, persistent and tactful in dealing with a variety of stakeholders.
- An aptitude for teaching, coaching, and mentoring a wide range of people with a diverse set of skills; skilled at explaining complex issues to less technical people.
In addition to a workplace that emphasizes respect, teamwork and personal and professional growth, ABC Technologies offers a broad range of health, wellness and financial benefits that promote the physical, mental and financial wellbeing of our employees and help them bring their best self to work, including:
• Competitive compensation package
• Competitive PTO Plan
• Employee Group Benefits
• RRSP/DPSP Company Match
• Tax Free Savings Account
• Educational Assistance Program
• Perkopolis Discounts
• Vehicle Purchase Discounts
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Social events throughout the year
• Internal job opportunities
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.