Canadian Mental Health Association, Kelowna Branch
WHO IS A FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE GENERALIST?
We are looking for a detailed oriented person with a strong understanding of the accounts receivable process and appreciation for accuracy and data integrity. You will be responsible for all functions of the accounts receivable process including payment processing and receipts, rental invoicing, inquiry support, and Accounts Receivable reporting. You will report directly to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the finance team and staff from across the organization who require assistance or information.
WHAT DOES A FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE GENERALIST DO?
- Post client payments/cash receipts and related invoices (client rent payments, loan payments, grant funding, donation receipts).
- Daily review of bank account for cash receipts â€“ related investigations.
- Reconcile bulk Ministry payments received monthly.
- Process client rental refunds.
- Prepare and drop off cash deposits to bank.
- Manage and process online banking pre-authorized debits.
- Support to internal and external clients in relation to Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare Accounts Receivable reporting to Team Leads with follow-up on outstanding rents, and to the Controller with follow-up on outstanding grant payments.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable sub-ledger to general ledger monthly.
- Excel â€“ creation, maintenance, and support.
- Perform other accounting administrative duties as required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting controls and policies.
YOURE STRENGTHS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Recent, accounts receivable experience of 3-years or more, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience determined to be reasonable and relevant to the level of work.
- Accounting Diploma is preferred.
- Experience in Sage 50 is preferred.
- Experience in Excel.
- Knowledge of practices and procedures related to the accounting cycle.
- Ability to do mathematical and financial calculations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Non-profit experience an asset.
- You thrive as part of a team â€“ able to work cooperatively with others and independently.
- Communication and time management skills with an eye for accuracy and data integrity.
- You have a calm focused approach to your work and are able to prioritize your tasks.
- You are enthusiastic and committed to improving organizational systems and processes.
- You have a positive, outgoing attitude and take direction well.
WHO IS CMHA KELOWNA?
At CMHA Kelowna, we are dedicated to Mental Health in our community. No matter how old or how young, we provide support for families and individuals through programs that promote positive mental health and support recovery, while championing the elimination of barriers that can prevent people from thriving. We are a dynamic, innovative and visionary organization. We are looking for someone who shares our vision of a mentally healthy Kelowna and are passionate about making a difference in our community by bringing their particular expertise to our organization. To learn more, check out our website at www.cmhakelowna.org
CMHA KELOWNA OFFERS YOU:
- A competitive salary of $45,138.26-$58,679.74
- Dental, Health & EAP Benefits
- RRSP matching program
- Vacation & Personal Health Days
- A workplace culture that fosters learning, transparency, trust and teamwork
As an employer, CMHA Kelowna strives to create a workplace that respects and values all individuals, minimizes bias, and promotes the equity, diversity, and inclusion of different perspectives and ideas. At CMHA Kelowna that means welcoming diversity in mental health, race, ethnicity, and culture. It also means diverse abilities, age, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, gender identities, education, marital status, language, and physical self expression. These values are embedded in the work CMHA Kelowna does every day.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.