Central Urban Metis Federation Inc.
Position Profile: The Finance Admin Assistant reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures, processing and monitoring receipts and revenues, and assisting with payroll. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that agency finances are accurate and up to date, that staff members are paid in a timely and appropriate manner, and suppliers are paid within established time limits.
The Finance Clerk must comply with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and CUMFI Policies and Procedures.
Position Reporting: This position reports to the Director of Finance/Finance Administrator.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Accounts payables and receivables
· Assist with payroll and benefits administration.
· Bank reconciliations
· Responsible for typical office administration tasks
· Understanding of budgets for project-based reporting.
· Maintaining rent roll ups
· Cash receipts
· Bank deposits and cheque runs.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Program Awareness and Focus: Must have knowledge and understanding of First Nation and Métis cultures. Works respectfully within a diverse environment and respects confidentiality.
- Team-Orientation: Must be committed to being a team player, encouraging the efforts of others and working to meet team goals. Must possess effective conflict resolution skills. Committed to fostering effective teamwork, both within the organization and between the organization and its stakeholders.
- Communication: Must be able to convey information and opinions to diverse audiences in both verbal and written contexts with clarity and conciseness. Expresses with honesty, with clarity, and constructively. Maintains open and positive communications with others, exhibiting effective listening skills.
- Leadership: Must be willing to share areas of competence with others. Must show personal leadership within the position through setting priorities, meeting timelines, and continuously improving the function.
- Strategic Thinking/Problem Solving: Must be a strategic thinker/problem-solver with the ability to anticipate challenges, determine required outcomes and use innovative approaches to develop supportive systems with clients and supports. Must be willing to participate in the ongoing change process required of a member-driven organization that values the community.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Post-secondary education focusing on Business Administration, Office Assistance & Bookkeeping/Accounting
· Must be proficient with Microsoft office and experience with Sage 300 is an asset.
· Valid Saskatchewan Driver’s License
· Must be bondable & provide a Criminal Record Check
· Time and priority management skills
· Knowledgeable of Government Funded & Charitable Organization
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.28-$25.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK S7M 2K5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.