Baker Tilly Canada
Baker Tilly WM LLP is a leading midsize accounting and advisory firm based in Vancouver and Toronto. We provide value-added audit, tax and advisory solutions that support local businesses. We offer a full complement of professional services across every major industry sector, serving a broad range of clients, including large, publicly traded companies, emerging businesses, and owner-managed businesses.
Outside our two offices, we also draw on the specialty services provided by partners from across the Baker Tilly Canada network and globally through our affiliation with Baker Tilly International.
At Baker Tilly WM, we foster a meaningful career and the opportunity to influence tomorrow for your clients, your profession, and your community. Our professionals are encouraged to Be True to their values and ambitions, alongside our shared commitment to building great relationships, great conversations, and great futures.
Baker Tilly WM is currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our Finance team! This individual will be responsible for aiding the financial operations of the company, ensuring accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations. The Finance Manager will play a key role in the Finance team, providing support to both the Vancouver and Toronto offices and addressing any financial inquiries from employees. This full-time position will be based in Vancouver, BC at our office.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data entry and recording of other financial transactions to support internal and external financial reporting.
- Preparing internal and external financial reports for various stakeholders, including combining data from multiple systems, performing detailed general ledger review, preparing financial reconciliations, conducting reasonability reviews, and providing commentary to the CFO.
- Preparing annual partnership return and supporting schedules, corporate tax returns, and other compliance filings as required.
- Assessing current accounting operations and internal control systems, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes
- Developing an in-depth understanding and hands-on knowledge of time and billing system in order to serve as a subject-matter expert for other members of the firm
- Collaborating with and supporting team members in providing exceptional client service – both internally and externally.
- Providing leadership and direction to junior team members to ensure completion of data entry and accounts payable tasks by designated deadlines
- Hiring, training and mentor skilled accounting staff
- Other duties as assigned
A successful candidate will have:
- Chartered Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) or equivalent
- 5+ years of senior accounting experience (public practice experience is an asset)
- Strong level of understanding of accounting for small to medium sized businesses
- In depth knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of CaseWare would be an asset.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated attention to detail and prioritizing skills, as well as the ability to handle data with confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and manage a demanding workload and multiple deadlines
- Leadership skills and ability to coach and develop team members
What’s in it for you?
- Career growth opportunities
- Competitive total compensation package including extended health care, dental, and group life insurance benefits
- Annual management bonus program
- Vacation (4 weeks/year)
- Health and Wellness Spending Account
- Continuing Professional Development courses are provided to maintain your designation as well as numerous informal training and development opportunities. The Firm will also reimburse you for approved professional development fees and membership dues.
- An open-door culture promoting interaction with all staff levels, including partners
- A fully stocked kitchen with breakfast foods, healthy snacks, and treats during tax season, plus coffee, tea, and drinks throughout the year
- Overtime meal reimbursements
- Monthly reimbursement towards parking or transit subsidy
- Monthly reimbursement for your smart phone fees
- A smart casual dress code (client/day specific)
- Client referral, employee referral, and vehicle purchase incentives
- Many entertaining social events throughout the year
Location: Vancouver, BC
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.