Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours/week
Rate of Pay: $28.56
Please be advised that according to Full Time Support Staff Collective Agreement, Article 17.1, preference will be given to qualified employees within the Full Time Support Staff bargaining unit, Appendix D (in the role for 6 consecutive months) and RPT employees who have passed probation at Mohawk College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Reporting to the Manager, Registration & Scheduling, the incumbent will support the Scheduling and Academic Support team and will take the lead responsibility for the room booking process, including requests for meeting space and midterm testing. This role includes the reviewing of data from academic areas, manipulation, construction, distribution and maintenance of Post-Secondary Continuing Education, Apprenticeship, and final examination information at the multi-campus College. The role also supports the Program of Study (POS) renewal processes within the department’s responsibilities.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Supports the Scheduling Officers team in the production of student, faculty, and room timetables for all students at all campuses:
- Responsible for the daily monitoring of the Scheduling email account, and takes action as appropriate.
- Assists with the verification and processing of scheduling data received from SUMMIT.
- Assists with manually scheduling all courses rejected during the scheduling process.
- Assists with processing approved timetables changes received from academic areas.
- Completes all changes in the TPHi database and Banner, and informs academic areas daily of changes to ensure students and faculty have accurate and up to date schedules.
Co-ordinates the Central Room Booking process:
- Prioritizes and processes requests for space using the Infosilem WhereEnCampus Enterprise software; responding to the needs of management, staff, and faculty for all college activities while maximizing space utilization.
- Provides expertise and makes suggestions for alternative space when the original request cannot be accommodated.
- Assists with the assignment and maintenance of portal user’s permissions.
Supports the production of final exam timetables:
- Assists with the exam process, follows up with academic designate to ensure requests are received within the set deadlines.
- Reviews, verifies, and makes adjustments and corrections where needed for all exam requests received from each academic area.
- Provides up-to-date room information for all college stakeholders.
Supports Continuing Education scheduling processes:
- Monitors and processes course cancellations daily.
- Ensures that the portal WhereEnCampus is accurately displaying CE room listings.
Supports the Academic Data Office Functions
- Assists with the setup and execution of the three annual POS renewal cycles.
Performs other duties such as:
- Provides support for metrics as required.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a two-year post-secondary education in Office Administration, Business, or other related programs; or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an academic environment with scheduling exposure.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.