Ranch Ehrlo Society
Location: Regina, SK
Position: Full-time Permanent
The General Accountant is responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, and the agency program manager expenses. The General Accountant ensures correct approval, coding, sorting, and filing of financial documents and ensures compliance with department and agency policy, procedures, and standards. The General Accountant substantiates financial transactions through auditing.
Education and Professional Certification
- A certificate, diploma, or degree in accounting, business, or a related field of study.
- Minimum one (1) year of accounting experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience working with enterprise accounting software.
Skills and Characteristics
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks independently and efficiently.
- Ability to perform data entry with a high degree of accuracy and with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to self audit to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Proficient computer skills.
- A strong understanding of organizational accounting and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly.
- Able to grasp the essence of new information to develop new insights into situations to refine and improve existing concepts, processes, and services.
- Open to continuous education and learning and development opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure correct approval, coding, sorting, and filing of vendor invoices and purchase orders.
- Participate in the preparation of payment distribution.
- Review and verify program manager expense requests and enter requisitions.
- File and maintain records related to financial transactions.
- Respond to employee inquires relating to accounts payable, accounts receivable, and program manager expenses.
- Participate in the generation of agency invoices.
- Follow up and collect on agency customer accounts.
- Allocate customer payments and prepare bank deposits.
- Take bank deposits to the agency’s financial institutions.
- Carry out reporting activities according to specific procedures and deadlines.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Communicate with and provide expertise to vendors, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Participate with job coaching and training of new staff.
- Display positive role modelling, agency values, and fairness.
- Ensure department and agency policies, procedures, and standards are being met.
Management of Resources
- Reconcile and audit accounts payable, accounts receivable, and program manager expense transactions.
- Facilitate the collection process of monies due to the agency from under spending of reconciled program manger expenses.
- Maintain, promote, and reinforce safe work habits, practices, and procedures.
- Adhere to written or verbal agency and government regulations, policies, practices, and instructions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.