Federated Co-operatives Limited
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a Senior Accountant (Statements) on a permanent basis. Our Retail Accounting team is looking for a proactive individual to perform full cycle accounting for a portfolio of local Co-ops. This position is a hybrid opportunity based in Saskatoon, SK. Members of this team are currently coming into the office one day a week.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare period and year-end financial statements, follow up on irregularities, and prepare adjusting entries.
- Maintain appropriate supporting schedules, including fixed asset subledgers and prepaid schedules.
- Assist with budget preparation and correction of discrepancies.
- Complete corporate tax returns and maintain related controls. This will include logging of refunds claimed and received, managing payment of final balances, and liaising with the CRA as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Who you’ll work with:
You will be one of 12 Senior Accountants on the Statements team who work closely with professionals across the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS). Members of this team report into the Retail Accounting Supervisor and can work independently.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in accounting and:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in commerce or business administration with a major in accounting and 0-1 year of financial statement preparation experience. Candidates with a two-year business diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution with a major in accounting and 2-3 years of financial statement preparation experience will also be considered.
What we offer:
- Competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.