Executive Assistant/Office Manager
Applications are invited for the full-time ongoing position of Executive Assistant/Office Manager (EAOM) to join the Office of the Hon Amanda Rishworth MP. The role will be based in either the Member’s Electorate in Morphett Vale, SA, the Commonwealth Parliamentary Office in Adelaide, SA, or at Australian Parliament House in Canberra, ACT.
The key objective of this position is to provide quality administrative and logistical support to the Minister and their Office.
The key duties of the position are, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support on priority, complex and sensitive public administration, program and logistical issues.
- Maintain effective relationships with the Prime Minister’s Office, other Ministerial Offices, Electorate staff and the Australian Public Service on diary and other administrative matters.
- Plan and execute Ministerial travel, diary routines and programs during sitting and non-sitting weeks.
- Ensure that the resources of the Portfolio Department are utilised to provide effective functioning of the Minister’s office, including ensuring the Minister is briefed for key functions and events.
- Provide direct administrative and logistical support, and input into forward planning as required.
- Prepare and analyse reports relating to entitlements and probity requirements.
- Regular interstate and Canberra travel will be required for this role.
- Other reasonable duties as required.
The ideal applicant should possess the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Demonstrated experience as an Executive Assistant or executive support officer in a demanding public, non-profit or private sector environment.
- Ability to work effectively and liaise with other Ministerial Offices, the Australian Public Service and the community.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience working in a dynamic environment as part of a team.
- Developed knowledge of diary, travel and administrative systems.
- Working knowledge of the political process and the Australian parliamentary and political system.
- Demonstrated professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated capacity for applying analytical and problem solving skills in developing solutions for complex issues.
- Proven reliability in meeting deadlines and commitments, especially in high pressure situations.
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.