Innovation Saskatchewan supports Saskatchewan’s research community and technology sector to create economic growth and diversity. As the central agency for the Government of Saskatchewan, Innovation Saskatchewan is responsible for implementing the province’s innovation priorities and growing the technology sector.
Innovation Saskatchewan develops policies and programs and conducts activities that assist in the implementation of research & development, science, and technology for the province. This includes development and operation of Saskatchewan’s research and technology parks in Saskatoon and Regina.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Communications & Marketing, this term role will assist in the development and execution of the visual representation of the Innovation Saskatchewan brand across various platforms. The Graphic Designer will collaborate with the Communications & Marketing team to create compelling designs and ensure guidelines and standards are consistently followed.
The successful candidate will be vital in supporting marketing strategies and maintaining a cohesive brand image. If you’re interested in contributing to improving design standards, are passionate about creating a strong brand and strive to see the world through others’ eyes, this may be the job for you.
As the Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting the development of high-quality design assets, including marketing collateral, information packages, event promotions, social media assets and photography
- Following brand asset usage guidelines and maintaining consistency in the message and design of materials
- Helping develop and maintain Innovation Saskatchewan design asset libraries
- Creating and implementing corporate branded templates
- Assisting in the design, development and functionality of the Innovation Saskatchewan website and related sub-brand websites
- Contributing to the creation and enhancement of internal materials and events that align with the brand representation
- Providing graphic support for the design and development of the Innovation Saskatchewan employee intranet
- Managing business cards and branded stationery orders
- Sourcing, ordering and tracking all promotional items, including but not limited to corporate swag and tenant gifts
What We Want from You
- Degree or diploma in graphic design, digital design or a related field
- Proficiency in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and other relevant digital design tools
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography and visual hierarchy
- Knowledge of digital design best practices and trends
- Familiarity with web design principles and UX/UI concepts
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow brand guidelines
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Experience in marketing or branding projects and some photography experience are assets
- Portfolio demonstrating design skills and creativity
What We Offer
- A balanced approach to total rewards that encompasses a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, employer-paid pension and more
- A workplace that fosters employee health, safety and well-being
- An attractive physical environment and access to park features and amenities — our parks are some of the most beautiful spots in Saskatchewan!
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $47,953.00-$62,339.00 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.