Halifax Regional Municipality
Under the direction of the Inventory Administration Supervisor, the Buyer is responsible for the timely and accurate procurement of goods and services in response to requests from HRM Business units. Buyers are strategically placed at high-volume worksites within HRM and are typically a business unit’s primary point of contact with Procurement. Buyers assist their Business unit clients to meet their service delivery objectives through procurement of required materials and have a direct impact on the consistency and integrity of operational and financial information recorded in SAP and Fleet Focus Systems.
Buyers provide time-sensitive guidance and advice to clients on HRM Procurement policy, Procurement services, procedures, processes, and best practices. Buyers are responsible for monitoring procurement activities, controlling HRM Inventory assets in excess of $5 million dollars, and carry out purchases in excess of $12 million dollars annually. Buyers manage supplier relationships, conduct routine supplier business reviews and meetings, evaluate supplier performance and vendor compliance, report on issues identified and escalate as needed. Buyers must have a broad knowledge of HRM Business Units’ operation and requirements along with extensive knowledge of their supplier community. Buyers are expected to learn a complex IT landscape, utilizing two interfaced ERP systems, SAP, and Fleet Focus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Source all inventory materials and apply the appropriate procurement delivery approaches (i.e., standing offer, low value purchase, competitive public bidding, alternative procurement process, etc.).
•Prepare competitive bid documents for stock and special-order items, conduct invitational bidding processes and award to successful bidder in compliance with the Procurement Policy to obtain best value for HRM.
•Recommend alternatives sources for materials and logistics when established sources are unable to meet operational requirements.
•Perform material requirements planning (MRP) including the determination of appropriate physical inventory levels and adjustments through the application of inventory control principles.
•Create, organize, and prioritize requisitions and purchase orders.
•Approve purchases within their delegated authority level.
•Manage the ordering process from requisition to receipt, expediting orders and tracking shipments including in transport to ensure deadlines are met. Provide tracking and scheduled arrival updates and ongoing communication until product is received.
•Create and manage SAP Materials Master (MM) and Purchasing Info Records (PIR)
•Maintain inventories, monitor usage inconsistencies, price changes, pack changes and vendor back orders.
•Address inbound order issues, returns, re-core, and supplier recalls.
•Arrange for warranty and rebuild services.
•Oversee inventory to investigate and process discrepancies and prevent stock-out and over stock materials.
•Investigate invoice discrepancies for resolution to allow for reconciliation (i.e., packing slips, goods receipt, damaged, quantities received, undelivered and on backorder).
•Vendor performance management through support and communication, monitoring vendor activities, capabilities, and performance
•Evaluate low value purchases for compliance.
•Identify non-compliance with procurement processes.
•Perform scheduled physical inventory counts and assist with count reconciliation.
•Participate in continuity of operations plan by assisting in urgent situations and/or emergency management operations. Tasks assigned may differ from regular duties during an emergency.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years customer service experience.
- Completion of a recognized business, procurement, or supply chain management program.
- 3 years’ experience in a high-volume procurement operation using ERP software.
- Extensive experience sourcing & purchasing heavy & light automotive repair parts is an asset.
- A suitable combination of education and experience will be given consideration.
- There is a requirement to complete the Public Sectors Procurement Essentials course PSPP 101 within twelve (12) months of assuming this position. The successful candidate must enroll in and successfully complete service in-house SAP, Fleet Focus, and purchasing courses during their training period.
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- A strong knowledge of HRM’s procurement Policy & Processes to carry out responsibilities and to direct, inform and guide clients.
- A strong knowledge of SAP and Fleet Focus functionality and how data interacts between systems.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills.
- A strong ability to learn, understand and master the complexities of two interfaced business systems.
- Strong ability to learn and use technical parts and service manuals using different supplier Platforms (CatView, Adobe Acrobat, Web based or paper copies.).
- Thorough inventory management expertise and market supply knowledge.
WORK STATUS: 12 Month Term, Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit ca.linkedin.com.