Brisbane Private Hospital
- Full time or Part time opportunity
- Brisbane Private Hospital
- Flexible role that promotes real work-life balance with supportive management
About the Role
Brisbane Private Hospital is seeking a Clinical Coder to join our Health Information Services team on a full time or part time basis. We are paper-based hospital so this role will involve working onsite.
Your excellent time management and organisational skills, along with considerable clinical coding experience will ensure your success in this position.
As Clinical Coder you will be responsible for abstracting and assigning accurate diagnostic and procedure codes for all inpatient episodes. Responsibilities will include:
- Timely and accurate clinical coding
- Participate in case mix analysis, education and quality activities
- Clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Participate in audits as necessary
About the Organisation
Our 181 bed private hospital is conveniently located at the top of the Wickham Terrace, Brisbane’s busiest medical precinct, in the heart of the CBD. Close to public transport with our own onsite end of trip bike facilities with nearby discounted staff parking available and a newly refurbished staff cafeteria including an outdoor dining area and access to chef prepared meals at discounted prices it’s a great place to work!
- HIMAA Certification in Clinical Coding or other recognised Clinical Coding course with experience in ICD-10-AM and ACHI according to ACS and National and State clinical coding advice and Queensland Health guidelines to meet data reporting requirements
- At least 1+ years clinical coding experience within a hospital setting
- Sound understanding of Codefinder and Turbocoder
- Strong organisational skills in planning, prioritising and managing workloads
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Sound Knowledge of private sector funding models
- Demonstrated understanding in WebPAS patient information system
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care.
Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day.
As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network.
We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.