The Mount Private Hospital
- Support WA’s leading spinal and neuro- surgeons
- Train with a team of dedicated theatre specialists
- Work in a role where you can make a difference
We are looking for a permanent part-time neurosurgical theatre technician “neuro tech”, to join our busy perioperative services department. This role will support a multi-disciplinary clinical team of operating theatre specialists to achieve extraordinary surgical outcomes for patients with spine and neurosurgical conditions.
In this role, you will complete a combination of high-intensity theory and practical training modules offered by Healthscope and our external partners. You will be provided with the necessary skills to thrive in this role. You will become the “go-to” on positioning equipment, monitoring systems, electro-surgery units, theatre AV, microscopes, surgical navigation, intraoperative imaging, cell saver, endoscopic stacks etc. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
- Set-up, check and connect theatre equipment for scheduled procedures.
- Position patients for surgical and anaesthetic treatments.
- Assist the perioperative manager to arrange planned and unplanned equipment services.
- Provide technical assistance to the operating theatre team during surgical procedures and perform system troubleshooting as required.
- Work effectively within a multidisciplinary team to ensure a seamless patient flow through theatres
- Perform cleaning and ancillary duties as required, complying with the manufacturer’s guidelines as to the correct handling procedure for the equipment.
- Coordinate the return of sterilised neuro/spinal instrumentation from CSSD to and ensure adequate levels of consumables at all times.
- Assist with patient transport, the preparation of beds including changing linen, attaching drip stands and cot sides when appropriate.
- Tertiary educated in science or related discipline (current enrolment accepted)
- Ability to understand and communicate technical information
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Great communication skills
- Team player
Preferred but not essential
- Advanced IT skills
- Previous orderly or tech experience within an operating theatre
- Cert IV/Cert III in Operating Theatre Technician Practice or equivalent
When you join Healthscope, you become part of our Community of Care. Our people are at the heart of our organisation – no matter the role, every day our people make a difference to the lives of our patients and their families. We work together to create positive, memorable experiences, alongside our quality care, in every moment of every day. As the only national private hospital operator and healthcare provider in Australia, our 42 sites are supported by our central Support Office, enabling them to provide an exceptional experience for the communities we care for. Healthscope opens the door to endless opportunities for our people, giving them the flexibility to work across one or multiple hospitals across our network. We encourage the pursuit of continuous professional development and education and support our people to grow and flourish securely.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.