Northern Beaches Hospital
- Close to bus transport
- State of the Art Theatre Facilities
- Full Time Opportunities Available
About Northern Beaches Hospital
Operated by Healthscope, Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) is located in Frenchs Forest, only 13kms north of Sydney CBD. The hospital is a contemporary 488 bed facility comprising of 60% public and 40% private beds. Providing a wide range of health services to the local community, including Surgery, a 50 bed Emergency Department, Intensive Care, Birthing, Paediatrics, Cardiac, Mental Health, Dialysis, Cancer Centre and Outpatients.
NBH has 13 operating theatres, one hybrid/cardiac catheter theatre, two Catheter Laboratories and four endoscopy procedure rooms, all supported by a critical care unit which includes two intensive care wards.
Northern Beaches Hospital is a dedicated facility for all patients in the local area. It was thoughtfully designed to optimise patient safety and overall experience, and to provide meaningful management and operational efficiencies that benefit everyone.
As a Theatre Orderly you will make an impact by:
- Cleaning all areas of the Interventional suite whilst maintaining a high standard of hygiene as applicable to ACORN and Infection Prevention and Control standards and according to cleaning procedures and policies at NBH
- Accountable for providing safe effective patient handling and positioning of patients
- Responsible for the safe transport of patients, specimens, equipment and sundry items within and to and from the Interventional suite
- Cleaning duties as assigned, including general cleaning, terminal cleaning of theatres and surrounding areas. Cleaning according to daily, weekly and periodic schedules.
- The role will also provide support for the nursing team in the interventional area.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated previous Theatre Orderly experience within the Health Care Industry
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Proven organisational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Theatre Orderly practices, techniques and equipment
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team as well as independently with limited supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual handling principles and techniques and ability to perform manual handling activities
- Committed to the delivery of customer service
- Willingness to work rotating roster
Employee Benefits: Our OneHealthscope rewards program gives you access to a range of wellness benefits, discounted Healthscope services for you and your family, salary packaging and more as well as discounted onsite parking at Northern Beaches Hospital and access to Fitness Passport!
- Wellness benefits including a wide offering of holistic support through our Employee Assistance Program and free services including medical examination of employees and discounted Healthscope services for permanent Healthscope employees and members of their immediate family.
- Deals and discounts for travel, health insurance and banking offers, variety of leave options and salary packaging
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.