The Pepperclub Hotel is looking for a Hotel Receptionist who will be responsible for welcoming guests, check guests in and out of the hotel, deal with guest queries, provide prompt and professional guest service to meet guest needs and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Preferable Grade 12 or higher qualification
- Experience in the hospitality sector, specifically the hotel industry.
- Computer literate (MS Office) with Opera experience
- Front Office experience
- Night Audit experience (advantageous)
- Able to work shifts
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
- Ensure that the checking in procedure runs smoothly
- Manage the registration process
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
- Handle guest check-in and check-out appropriately
- Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
- Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
- Provide guests with room key and call for porter to assist guest to room or to transport
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and traveling
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
- Compute bills and take payment
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
- Explain the appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
- Balance cash at the end of the shift ad generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift
- Assist the night auditor with certain duties when necessary.
Job Type: Permanent
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cape Town, Western Cape: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To apply for this job please visit za.indeed.com.