HR Business Partner
SNDL is the largest private sector liquor and cannabis retailer in Canada with retail banners that include Ace Liquor, Wine and Beyond, Liquor Depot, Value Buds, and Spiritleaf. As a licensed cannabis producer, SNDL also has indoor state-of-the-art grow-op facilities to supply wholesale and retail customers under a cannabis brand portfolio that includes Top Leaf, Sundial, Palmetto, Spiritleaf Selects, and Grasslands. SNDL’s investment portfolio seeks to deploy strategic capital through direct and indirect investments and partnerships throughout the global cannabis industry.
- Don’t miss this opportunity to help build and shape the growing cannabis industry!
- Live, work and play in the sunny Okanagan where nature is at your doorstep.
- Immerse yourself in an environment where championing the individual is not just a motto, it is a daily practice and how we succeed as a team.
The Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for supporting the day to day Human Resources services and providing guidance and support to our line managers. Reporting into the Human Resources Manager, this role will support SNDL employees in all Human Resources disciplines. You will assist with various HR related functions and initiatives including, but not limited to, interpretation and adherence to Canadian employment legislation, policy updates & implementation, administration of HRIS, performance management assistance, recruitment, drafting of employment & HR related documentation, and driving process improvement.
As a Human Resources Business Partner you will:
- Provide guidance and coaching to People Managers and Employees on HR policies, procedures and employee relations matters, including performance and attendance management, conflict resolution, formal/informal investigations and follow up action items
- Partner with key stakeholders to guide, facilitate and be an effective change agent during all transformational initiatives, ensuring a positive employee experience and alignment with strategic vision
- Partner with leaders on workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment
- Monitor employment legislative initiatives, anticipate the effects of impending legislation on the organization, and develop action plans and necessary policy updates to ensure timely compliance
- Partner with Payroll to proactively address payroll issues, train/coach leadership on best practices for Ceridian Dayforce
- Act as employee first point of contact for Ceridian Dayforce and redirect questions as needed
- Co-ordinate and support People Managers throughout the employee performance appraisals process – probationary and annual
- Collaborate with Hiring Managers and Talent Acquisition to support the internal and external recruitment processes, including job development, interviewing, and coaching managers on candidate selection based on predefined criteria
- Contribute to the Human Resources strategic planning, implementation, execution and roll-out of HR programs and processes
- Facilitate and support the Short Term and Long Term Disability process for employees
- Support and engagement on the internal communication strategy for employees
- General maintenance of employee records via the HRIS system
- Participate in committees, analytical reporting and other ad hoc projects and initiatives as required
As a Human Resources Business Partner you bring:
- Certificate, diploma or degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Minimum of 4 years Human Resources experience, in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Canadian Employment Standards legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy in written language, data and analysis
- Ability to identify roadblocks, and provide insightful data with proactive solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-growth environment where the business is constantly evolving
- Independently driven, initiator, and the willingness to roll up the sleeves and lean-in to get things done
- Exercise discretion and sound judgement with the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive information
- All successful candidates are required to pass background checks
As a valued member of the SNDL team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive total compensation and incentives
- A top-notch extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental
- An entrepreneurial and innovative environment that fosters growth and continuous learning
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.