Federated Co-operatives Limited
HR Business Partner
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL) is hiring a HR Business Partner – Local Co-ops on a permanent basis for our People & Culture team.
As a member of the HR Business Partnering team, you will be a strategic value creator through the provision of sound HR coaching and guidance to a portfolio of senior organizational leaders supporting local Co-ops.
This is a remote opportunity with the successful candidate being located within the assigned area, Alberta and British Columbia.
What you’ll do:
- Provide strategic advice, guidance and solutions to local Co-op CEO/GMs, and human resources leaders on complex HR initiatives and issues that have long-term impacts.
- Partner with clients as a strategic stakeholder to guide through change management initiatives by providing strategy, process recommendations, and support tools. Initiatives include organizational structures and design reviews, change management, conflict resolution, workforce planning, resourcing strategies, succession planning, business continuity activities and special projects.
- Help establish guidelines and principles pertaining to strategy, planning, and communication. Review the effectiveness of strategies and their implementation.
- Use data analytic skills to anticipate business challenges, support strategic solutions, identify competing interests, possible risks and risk mitigation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to organizational leaders through organizational design initiatives by identifying key stakeholders and supporting the development of a communication strategy.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the business environment and trends. Utilize knowledge and expertise to provide effective solutions, coaching, advice, and support.
- Provide advice to the HR Connect Employee & Labour Relations teams on complex ER/LR issues pertaining to their client portfolio.
- Continually collaborate with COE and HR Connect teams regarding the evolution of HR programs, policies, and practices across the Co-operative Retailing System (CRS).
Who you’ll work with:
You will work closely with the HR Business Partnering team and will report into the Manager of HR Business Partnering Local Co-ops. This team strives to cultivate a culture of collaboration, community, and support.
Why it matters:
We help local Co-ops grow and thrive by offering a range of professional services, including marketing, market research, information technology, human resources, accounting, risk management and business development.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Human Resources and:
- Have a bachelor’s degree with preference for HR, Commerce, or Business Administration.
- Have a minimum of 6 years of relevant and progressive experience as an HR Generalist advising and coaching leaders. (A combination of relevant education and experience may be considered).
- Can provide recommendations based on experience gained from working as an HR team member in a unionized environment.
- Have a CPHR designation. Not required, but it is considered an asset.
- Willing to travel up to 30% annually.
- Have a strong strategic mindset, the ability to build trusted relationships, and influence others.
- Have experience with change management and organizational design.
- Are honest, trustworthy, results oriented, and strive to be the best in what you do.
- Believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries, short-term incentives, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan.
- Encouragement to take advantage of learning opportunities to grow and develop as a Team Member.
- As a co-operative, we do business differently. We believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.