HR Business Partner
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The Thales Australia Above Water Systems (AWS) Business, as part of Thales Australia, provides a variety of services to the Royal Australian Navy and other partners, such as ship repair, maintenance and asset management / in-service support capabilities across Australia and in other international markets. The business also offers the provision of docking, reticulated services and facility maintenance within Garden Island.
In this exciting, meaningful, project-driven environment with a billion-dollar view, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced HR Business Partner (HRBP) to join our team on a 12-month fixed-term contract.
We look forward to you joining our AWS team where you will get the opportunity to partner with operational leaders, apply your deep understanding of HR practices in an industrial setting and contribute to the overall success of the AWS Business by providing comprehensive HR support and guidance.
As part of a truly global organisation, this varied role will see you responsible for a dedicated stakeholder group, role modelling the Thales values, our Leadership Model and broader Purpose as we all focus on Building a Future we can All Trust.
- Collaborate closely with managers to provide day-to-day operational support and advice for leaders on all people matters
- Act as a trusted advisor to managers providing guidance in HR policies, procedures and IR matters
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues including performance management, conduct issues and managing investigations/formal grievances when required, recommending appropriate corrective actions
- Coach and support leaders on effective performance management and approaches to enhancing employee engagement and productivity
- Partnering closely with HSE team on HSE incidents to support effective remediation outcomes
- Support upcoming renegotiation of the AWS enterprise agreement
- Partner with key stakeholder to deliver cyclical HR activity such as salary review, talent review, leadership and diversity initiatives
- A tertiary qualification in Human Resource Management or other relevant qualification
- Solid understanding of employment relations and industrial relations
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, demonstrated HR systems skills and the ability to interpret complex data when required
- Experience in an industrial environment desired
- Experience in interpreting and providing advice on complex enterprise agreements
- Experience leading enterprise negotiations desired
- Experienced across a broad generalist HR remit, with a particular focus on managing business change, ER/IR, leadership development and employee engagement
- High level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to lead and inspire
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure within fast-paced environment
As part of our commitment, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Recognised leader in reservist employee support
- Leading leave policies
- Growth and Development opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Employee discounts
- Gym Membership (Fitness passport)
- ThalesFlex – flexibility working is our everyday
- Family Support through our partnership with Parents at Work
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.