Metis Nation Saskatchewan
Human Resources Assistant
Under the direction of the Interim Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Assistant (HRA) will support the growth of the Métis Nation – Saskatchewan, Human Resources Department. This position will be primarily responsible for the administration of Health & Wellness Initiatives, in addition to assisting with the completion of day-to-day administration of electronic filling and record keeping, drafting documents, and general administrative tasks.
- Assists with various Human Resource administrative tasks based on the department requirements.
- Creates and generates reports as required, uploads documents, and ensures accuracy of HR data.
- Supports the Human Resource Department with monitoring, responding, and tracking of employment inquiries.
- Schedules interviews and conducts reference checks.
- Tracking of job applications through the HR recruitment module.
- Updating internal HR folders and employee records.
- Maintain confidential HR files and databases.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Métis Culture.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a diverse, culturally competent, and culturally safe work environment and representative workforce.
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skill.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Strong attention to detail.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation or working towards completion of a Human Resources Diploma or Certificate.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in a business environment.
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of Adobe and Microsoft Office programs: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams.
- Valid Saskatchewan driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Must undergo a Criminal Record Check.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Pay: $45,000.00-$53,779.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.