- Full Time
- Kelowna, BC, Canada
Interior Health Authority
Medical Office Assistant
Kelowna Health and Service Centre has an exciting opportunity for a Permanent Full-Time Medical Office Assistant to join their team in Kelowna, B.C. This position supports our busy Mental Health & Substance Use front desk and also included multi- site and multi-program coverage. Hours of work are Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00.
What we offer:
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employer paid training/education opportunities
- Employer paid vacation
- Medical Services Plan
- Employer paid insurance premiums
- Extended health & dental coverage
- Municipal Pension Plan
- Work-life balance
- Opportunities for career advancement
What Will You Work On?
In this role you will perform a variety of medical office assistant and clerical duties such as:
- Registering patients – including scheduling and confirming appointments
- Answering telephones, general correspondence, record keeping, chart notes, reports, medical billings
- Data entry and word processing, graphic and database applications,
- Compiling and entering statistical information,
- Writing correspondence including: recording, transcribing and typing forms
- Balancing and checking revenue transactions
- Managing medical/surgical supplies and equipment and other resource material.
- Escorting patients to examination/treatment rooms and ensuring appropriate instruments, procedure trays or other supplies are set up;
- Attending sensitive examination procedures and treatments; routine measurements – weight, BMI calculations, eye exams, urinalysis.
- Cleaning and sterilizing medical equipment and instruments as well as delivery and disposal of supplies, biological, material and equipment
What should your application include?
- A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 24 months from a recognized institution;
- A Medical Office Assistant Certificate;
- A current valid BC Driver’s License;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
If you are an experienced Medical Office Assistant/Clerk and want to be challenged in your role while working with a solid and experienced team in a wonderful working environment, Apply Today!
Education, Training & Experience
- Grade 12,
- Graduation from a Medical Office Assistant course from an accredited Community College, plus
- Two years recent related experience in a health care setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in fast-paced health centre environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and work roles.
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team.
- Ability to communicate effectively using all communication vehicles.
- Ability to type a minimum 40 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheet applications and specialized clinical information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize and understand Medical Terminology.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to follow detailed instruction.
- Ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.