IT Support Analyst
Welcome to Orano
Helping to meet current and future challenges to preserve our world and build the world of tomorrow while taking care of everyone’s health is stimulating for you. For us too. By joining the Orano Group, a leading international player in the nuclear industry, you are in the right place.
Every day we work to produce efficient low-carbon energy, to fight global warming, to find solutions that save natural resources, and to contribute to progress in health.
Our strengths? Across the entire fuel cycle, we have extensive expertise in cutting-edge technologies, safe, high value-added products and services, and a strong capacity for innovation. All of these factors reflect the strong skills of our 17,000 employees, whom we are constantly striving to develop. With their different backgrounds and experience, they are proof of our openness to all talents. They share the same ambition: to give nuclear energy its full value.
- Install, configure, and maintain routine and customized hardware and software
- Troubleshoot network, hardware, and software problems for deskside support
- Provide printer support
- Research user needs to make recommendations for purchases and maintenance
- Assess user needs and conduct online or in-person training
- Provide technical assistance and support to system users
- Deploy desktop operating Systems and software using SCCM
- Package and update software deployments using SCCM
- Provide Helpdesk coverage when required
- Maintain 3-day trips to all sites on a 2-week rotation
- Receive and troubleshoot user calls to successful resolution. Escalate problems to analyst/administrator staff when required
- Use ticketing software for issue/change tracking
- Maintain and develop procedures, work instructions and documentation in relation to job function
- Assist in desktop hardware and software inventories
- Act as a liaison and supply technical support for IS infrastructure
- Assist all personnel in utilizing computer systems to solve business issues
- Use Project and Change Management processes in day-to-day functions
- Work closely with Helpdesk, Network and server teams
- Provide support for Desktop users in a multi-site wan environment
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive multi-site computing environment
- Additional duties as required
Work Location & Schedule:
- Saskatoon Corporate Office
- Monthly trips to site are required
- Weekend coverage and on-call support as scheduled
As a condition of employment the successful candidate must complete Orano’s pre-employment checks including education verification and employment reference checks.
Drug (including marijuana) and alcohol substance testing is a requirement for all Safety Sensitive positions. Applicants who have recently used marijuana recreationally may not pass a substance test as marijuana can remain in the user’s system for as many as 30 days after use.
Orano is an equal opportunity employer. We value the knowledge, experience and cultures and commit to the advancement of Indigenous Peoples, Women, Visible Minorities and People with Disabilities and strongly encourage all candidates from these designated groups to apply for our career opportunities.
Our Full-Time Benefits
- A customized onboarding experience upon your arrival
- A welcoming environment and great coworkers
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Training and Development opportunities throughout your career
- Fitness equipment available for use on work / camp premises
- All of the advantages of a large group while maintaining the dynamics of a smaller company: career advancement opportunities, social committee, interesting projects and opportunities to get involved in our strong commitments to communities.
Skills and Qualifications for the position include:
- Relevant education or training in IT from a recognized institution
- 5+ years relevant experience in maintaining PCs and PC environments
- Good understanding of DesktopServer hardware, software and WAN environments
- Experience with PowerShell
- Excellent background in Windows, Microsoft server and other company standard software
- Strong personal communication (both oral and written) and trouble-shooting skills
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and with a team; must be able to work closely and effectively with all team members
- Ability to learn and make assessments quickly, adapt to new situations and locations
- Be able to accommodate extended travel to sites
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.