IT Field Services Technician
CULTIVATE A BETTER WORLD
Food served fast does not have to be a typical fast-food experience. Chipotle has always done things differently, both in and out of our restaurants. We are changing the face of fast food, starting conversations, and directly supporting efforts to shift the future of farming and food. We hope you will join us as we continue to learn, evolve, and shape what comes next on our mission to make better food accessible to everyone.
As the IT Field Services Technician, you will provide onsite and remote IT support for restaurants located in Canada. Ensures IT issues are addressed, resolved, escalated, communicated, and tracked while focusing on extraordinary customer service. This position will work closely with U. S. based support and technical teams to manage enhancements, rollouts and emergency activities where onsite technical support is needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide tier 1-2 IT hardware, software, telephony, and connectivity support to restaurants
- Respond to incoming requests and tickets (e.g., Service Management tools, e-mails, dashboard alerts, chat, telephone calls, voicemail, or onsite) and accurately identify, diagnose and resolve requests and tickets within established SLA standards.
- Escalate requests and tickets as appropriate.
- Update requests and tickets within the ticketing software while meeting or exceeding established SLA standards.
- Ownership of the health, functionality, and stability of technology within assigned restaurants.
- Support new restaurant opening; ensuring IT Equipment installation is complete and ownership for restaurant IT needs defined.
- Facilitate communication with regional Operations and IT management to allow for continuous improvement of customer service and support.
- Plan and coordinate onsite visits to restaurants for proactive maintenance and reactive break-fix issues per established SLA.
- Prioritize and plan work activities. Uses time efficiently.
- Support Third Party partners performing repairs in existing restaurants and installs of IT systems at new restaurants and remodels
- Support Service Design through the maintenance of documentation for standard Technical Support policies, procedures, and practices.
- Support Asset Management process by tracking, reporting, and monitoring asset status as required; including tracking of equipment replacements and validating current state of assets via organizational asset intelligence tools.
- Serve as liaison to various departments within Chipotle to provide assistance and access to information from a restaurant.
- Support projects including but not limited to rollouts and upgrades.
- Exhibit strong work ethic and responsible behavior and must maintain the confidentiality of information at all times. Compliance with external regulations (PCI, SOX, etc.) and internal standards.
- Continually provide innovative ideas to improve Field Services policies and procedures. Create and maintain Field Services training materials and policy and procedure documentation.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university preferred.
- Associate Degree (AA) in Computer Science or an equivalent in education and experience.
- Two years’ experience with IT support responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of multi-unit restaurant hardware configurations and software applications and/or supporting or deploying Point of Sale systems preferred.
- Experience effectively collaborating with other functions (e.g., executives, facilities, operations, and external partners).
- Experience working in a remote capacity.
- Certifications – ITIL, A+, CCNA
- Software, hardware, telephony and connectivity problem solving.
- Strong customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including documentation and communication of status to end users, vendors, and team members.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and change approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to focus on objectives while being detail-oriented.
- Conditions include working inside, working around machines with moving parts and moving objects, radiant and electrical energy. Occasionally lifting machines, or boxes weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Working closely with others and working alone.
- Working irregular hours, including evening and weekend work.
WHO WE ARE
Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE: CMG) is cultivating a better world by serving responsibly sourced, classically cooked, real food with wholesome ingredients without artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Chipotle has over 3,000 restaurants in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France and Germany and is the only restaurant company of its size that owns and operates all its restaurants. Chipotle is ranked on the Fortune 500 and is recognized on the list for Fortune’s Most Admired Companies. With over 100,000 employees passionate about providing a great guest experience, Chipotle is a longtime leader and innovator in the food industry. Chipotle is committed to making its food more accessible to everyone while continuing to be a brand with a demonstrated purpose as it leads the way in digital, technology and sustainable business practices.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.