Royal Bank of Canada
Commercial Banking Advisor
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Are you interested in building and growing your career with RBC cultivating relationships with business clients and with internal partners? By joining RBC as an Commercial Banking Advisor (CBA), you open the door to an exciting career in commercial financial services (CFS). This is your opportunity to become a critical member of a results oriented team, a key partner to Relationship Managers and CFS clients.
This role will be attractive to individuals who have a passion for helping business clients and delivering a superior service experience. Individuals who may already be working in the financial, retail or service industry, have some experience being part of a sales team, who are comfortable with clients and committed to continuous learning and self-improvement are most likely to thrive in this critical service and sales support role.
Performance success in the role will be measured by a variety of metrics for required business activities, client experience and revenue growth. RBC’s commitment to training, coaching, personal and professional development, diversity and employee engagement provide the foundation for everyone to succeed. Some CBAs may develop over time into Relationship Managers or other Specialized Sales roles based on demonstrated sales capability and learning agility.
- Partnering with Relationship Managers to enable the identification, planning and delivery of solutions to client and prospects
- Enabling delivery of the best sales solutions with Relationship Managers based on strong knowledge of client’s operational requirements (primarily Cash Management and Deposit Solutions)
- Deliver the best-in-class Onboarding experience by coordinating the on-boarding of products and services for existing and new clients
- Act as service champion for our CFS clients; responding to client concerns by thoroughly analyzing the situation, searching for solutions, identify and leverage appropriate partners to resolve client concerns. Serve clients well by proactively reviewing the ever changing day to day banking needs and identifying and recommending the best solutions for the client. Actively participate in ongoing contact programs to forge strong relationships with clients by staying in touch.
- Approximately 2 years of demonstrated excellence in a service and sales support role working in collaboration with a sales team providing advice, responding to client requests and navigating your organization to solve client issues
- Proven customer service skills in a financial or services industry e.g. retail, hospitality
Whether working inside RBC or externally, individuals who have worked in client facing roles for several years will be attracted to this role. If you thrive in a collaborative team environment, have helped identify client needs through a comprehensive discovery process and have a passion for providing service and resolving problems you may be ready to be part of our commercial banking team.
The role serves as a great introduction to a career in Commercial Financial Services and some individuals may progress to a Relationship Manager position or other Sales Specialist roles based on demonstrated sales capabilities and a passion for continuous learning, client discovery and situation analysis.
- Team player who contributes to client experience and team sales results
- Ability to gather data and prepare proactively for meetings with clients by providing value-added content and presentation materials
- Relationship building skills: Ability to quickly develop lasting relationships through your strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excels at partnering in the execution of client relationship strategies.
- Time management skills: aligns time commitments to priorities
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.