Gateway Casinos Corporate Office
Labour Relations Coordinator
Job type: Full-Time Salaried
The Gateway to Your Future
The Labour Relations Coordinator will provide coordination and confidential support to the Labour Relations Department which include the administration of grievances, arbitrations, discipline, and the collective bargaining process.
- Full benefits package for full-time employees
- Retirement savings plan
- Exciting, supportive and fun work environment
- Family and friends discounts on travel, tech, food, beverage, and fitness
- Development and training opportunities
- Works with Site HR to coordinate, track and support the entire grievance process.
- Supports Labour Relations in the investigation process by supporting the Site HR with reviewing investigation questions, conclusion documentation and investigation process.
- Supports grievance processes by creating overall file summaries, reviewing drafts for grievance settlements, implementing and documentation of settlements as required.
- Coordinates and supports Labour Relations in the preparation for mediation and/or arbitrations, including the collection and collation of documentation and communication with appropriate site personnel.
- Performs CBA Audits with Payroll and Site HR to ensure compliance with the applicable Collective Agreement.
- Provides support in the collective bargaining process by updating collective agreements and implementing negotiated changes.
- Responsible for all administration aspects of the Labour Relations department ie: reports, expenses, coordinating meetings etc.
- Takes on additional responsibilities as required.
What You Bring
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in business or human resources management preferred
- Two years in a relevant field, including at least 1 years in a unionized environment
- Experience in hospitality, gaming, food and beverage and/or hotels is preferred
- CPHR designation an asset
- Basic knowledge of the principles of Human Resources and Labour Relations
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and external contacts to meet operational and departmental objectives
- Ability to define and solve problems; collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing and data-based software and familiarity with publishing and presentation related programs and web browsers
- Ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage a considerable workload with multiple priorities and demands.
- Detail oriented, resourceful, and efficient in duties and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with a diverse customer group
Why Work With Us?
Gateway celebrates and empowers our team members, who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means working with great people, being recognized for your unique contribution and career advancement opportunities across our 29 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs while working in a dynamic and fun environment. See for yourself what it’s like to be on a team that values your vision, skill and energy.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.