Banwell Gardens Care Centre
Employee Engagement Specialist
Do you have a passion for making a difference?
At Banwell Gardens Care Centre, we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values – a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
Making every moment matter is about improving all the things that make life enjoyable. Things like making someone feel better, making connections with them or for them with other residents, showing them a new song or even just giving them something to look forward to.
At Banwell Gardens Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families’ loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
Since Banwell Gardens Care Centre opened, we have offered a community within a community that people were happy to call ‘home’. We pride ourselves in this community connection, our philosophies and the feeling of comfort that can be felt as soon as the door opens.
Responsibilities of the Employee Engagement Specialist at Banwell Gardens Care Centre
The Employee Engagement Specialist will collaborate with the Executive Director, Director of Care, Department Heads and the Director, Talent Management, and support the overall talent management strategy. This includes recruitment & workforce planning, performance & recognition, leadership development & succession planning, engagement & well-being and the talent management service delivery.
This role considers immediate and long-term staffing requirements and lead the talent management initiatives in the Home. You’ll be responsible for providing monthly metrics, analyzing trends, gaps and talent management best practices.
Essential Duties are the technical skills and knowledge that an employee requires in order to perform their role. Below is detailed information on required Essential Duties for your position.
- Support of all talent management initiatives at the Home level including but not limited to: recruitment & onboarding, retention, culture & employee engagement, wellness & absenteeism, performance management, talent development and workforce planning
- Measures and tracks outcomes of all talent management initiatives at the Home level.
- Supports the Director, Talent Management and other key stakeholders to explore and implement future enhancements to talent management initiatives and programs
- Acts as the Home’s internal expert of the talent management system in order to be a resource for the optimum use and benefits of the software system
- In partnership with operations, ensures optimal employee utilization during shifts
- Supports and implements recruiting processes, tools, resources and training
- Coordinates recruiting efforts within the Home by sourcing candidates using traditional posting sites, educational institutions, co-op, student or subsidized programs, local media, social media, industry specialty sites to obtain candidates for postings
- Supports managers in coaching, mentoring and developing employees through the talent development and succession planning processes
- Manages the employee engagement survey process in the Home, assesses trends, gaps and outcomes and partners with operations to create action plan
- Supports operations in the management of the wellness and absenteeism program, addresses concerns with management and employees as necessary and aligns with the collective agreement in the Home
- Aligns home priorities with overall organization’s talent management strategy
- Certification in HR (Minimum of a Degree/Diploma or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Development).
- CHRP designation (Certified Human Resources Professional) an asset
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years of human resources generalist experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in Long Term Care and /or in the healthcare industry an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact efficiently and courteously (with residents, management, employees, volunteers and external providers)
- Strong consultative skills
- Labour relations experience an asset
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Works well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Must have the ability to be flexible to work days, evening, nights and weekends to meet with employees as necessary
- Good understanding of HR platforms, software and G-Suite/Microsoft Office
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Banwell Gardens Care Centre recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster approved by Health Canada.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.