City of Melbourne
Library Experience Supervisor
- Join our State of the Art Munro Library!
- Optional ADO, volunteer leave available & more…
- Permanent, full-time
- Class 4: $83,741 plus 11% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a City of possibility and place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
The Library Experience Supervisor provides high quality library and information services to the community by supporting the Library Service Delivery Team Leader in the coordination of operations at the library. The role supervises the work of, and provides support to the Library Experience Technicians on site ensuring the provision of excellent customer service and any customer related activities at the service point operate effectively. The role is also responsible for training and inducting library experience staff
This position will be required to work regular weekend shifts.
What you will bring…(selection criteria)
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications such as Associate Diploma of Applied Social Science (Library Technician) or equivalent, and/or 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proven ability to guide, support and motivate a team.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with high level literacy, numeracy and technology skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships, partnerships and networks and efficiently manage high volume interactions.
- Ability to develop, deliver and manage high quality customer service in a library or similar work environment.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations, resolve problems and diffuse potential conflict
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities within a high volume environment and deliver on individual and team work timetable.
- Demonstrated ability to provide services and programs to all sections of the community, including people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and all abilities.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.