At Brookfield Properties, our global network and relationships are here for our tenants and partners — wherever they are in the world. Where going to work never feels routine. We integrate commercial real estate with world-class shops, restaurants, and entertainment, creating spaces where work and play don’t just coexist, but thrive. If you’re ready to be a part of our team, we encourage you to apply.
We’re looking for a motivated marketing and communications executive to join our Perth team. This role is an essential support function with growth potential, primarily supporting the delivery of placemaking across the WA operational assets, upcoming assets within the development pipeline and where relevant, national campaigns.
We are looking for a hands-on strategic, creative thinker, good listener, and implementer. Someone who loves taking initiative.
This is an opportunity for an eager-to-learn, up and coming marketer who wants to build their career with a company who has invested more than into making special places happen. Placemaking and marketing are highly valued in our organisation for the value they create for our customers and our assets.
The role is fast-paced and constantly evolving, requiring an intelligent and creative individual with an eye for detail who enjoys equally the creative side of marketing as well as execution and measurement.
About the role:
- Operating within approved budgets for the delivery of activations as directed by the Senior Marketing Manager
- Liaising with vendors and managing payments within agreed timelines
- Updating and maintaining campaign budgets trackers and registers including the raising of purchase orders and invoice payments.
- Provide input in the development and curation of placemaking plans
- Takes initiative in creating and leading the delivery of smaller activations, including idea generation, pitching, and execution.
- Support the Senior Marketing Manager in the delivery of major campaigns and events
- Prepare reports including post campaign summaries
- Prepare presentations, retailer notifications and is a strong presenter
- Liaise with the Marketing & Communications team and lead the delivery of digital content for our tenant app, asset websites eDM’s, social media channels including copywriting, researching, editing and proofreading.
- Respond or redirect where necessary any enquiries through the Brookfield Place Perth website
- Develop and deliver tenant welcome packs
- Manage the marketing merchandise and stock orders as needed
- Support the implementation of project management tools for placemaking
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes to support efficiency and best practice within the placemaking team with a proactive attitude towards problem solving
- Ensure photography library and all campaign files are maintained and orderly
- External customers include creative agencies, online agencies, printers, PR agencies, event companies etc. Attend to all queries in an attentive, responsive and professional manner.
- Internal customers include anyone within Brookfield and Brookfield Properties. Work with internal customers in a professional and efficient manner with an aim to achieving the best results for Brookfield Properties.
- Work closely with external agencies to achieve overall placemaking strategy.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager – WA and Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure the operational marketing activities are in line with Brookfield Properties’ corporate objectives.
- Liaise regularly with all parts of the business to obtain current and accurate information and develop a working knowledge of the portfolio assets.
- Demonstrated prior operations marketing experience in real estate, especially in commercial and retail property is advantageous.
- Developed writing, researching, editing and proofreading skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to express ideas in a concise and coherent manner
- Experience in event management and implementation, including safety processes
- Experience with digital platforms
- Good design sense.
- Fresh and creative thinker with a track record of strong work ethic balancing urgency and accuracy
- Competent in using Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Collaborative and positive approach to team work with strong relationship skills.
- Work with the Senior Marketing Manager to maintain relationships with external agencies, focus on efficiency, work to deadlines and manage costs as appropriate
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail and results oriented.
- Ability to generate trust, is a team player and willing to share credit with others
- Asks questions, takes a self-directed approach and on-going commitment to learning, gaining skills and taking on responsibilities
- Resourceful with strong follow through skills
- Holds tertiary or industry equivalent qualifications in marketing, communications, journalism or related discipline.
- At least three years’ marketing experience – property, commercial or retail is desirable but not essential
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.