Sitting in Dubai, the position will be responsible for operational accounting activities relative to the Company’s financial closing and reporting process. Calculate and process monthly accrual and deferred expense journal entries. Perform a detailed level review of regional operating results and statistics, comparing projected and prior month financial results on a rig-by-rig basis. Record inter-company transactions and prepare monthly invoices. Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly operational performance variance analysis. Prepare various ad hoc reports and analyses as needed.
The role might require the ability to travel to the locations where the company has active rigs, America, Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific. Minimum travel time 35% to 40% of the time. We welcome qualified female applicants to apply for this position.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Application of GAAP, internal accounting procedures, and best practices in support of a structured financial control environment.
- Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of all operations through the PeopleSoft general ledger module.
- Prepares month-end accrual and deferred expense journal entries for various operating categories; prepares and updates supporting amortization schedules.
- Reviews and provides the organization with monthly labor reports for Houston-based payroll.
- Collaborate with different functions to prepare month-end or adjust journal entries as needed.
- Works with the business to ensure appropriate journal entries are made and that accounts have been reviewed for variances.
- Complete the accounting close in accordance with the close calendar with no significant audit adjustments.
- Generates, reviews, and analyzes our operating results and statistics reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Collaborates with the functions to obtain variance explanations on actual results compared to outlook.
- Perform balance sheet account reconciliations; review reconciliations prepared at regional levels.
- Reviews and records inter-company transactions and prepares monthly invoices.
- Responds to audit requests for support documentation both in the corporate and regional offices.
- Responds to various requests for ad hoc financial information.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting is required. CPA, CA, or MBA degree preferred.
Skills and Experience
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting, purchasing, and management systems.
- Working knowledge of document control systems and databases.
- Ability to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel at an advanced level (use financial and logical functions; work with multiple worksheets and workbooks; edit and use macros; import and export information).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other non-job related factors.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.