Mechanic Shop Manager
OPENLANE (ADESA) Canada is the country’s largest wholesale vehicle auction and remarketing services company. OPENLANE provides state-of-the-art facilities and technologies to help dealers and consignors buy and sell used cars, trucks, RVs, boats, motorcycles and heavy equipment. OPENLANE Saskatoon is one of OPENLANE Canada’s 14 wholesale vehicle auctions that are located across Canada, and the employer of choice in the Canadian automotive remarketing industry.
OPENLANE Saskatoon is currently looking for a Mechanical Services Manager. The position is responsible for the overall management of the mechanical, glass, and PDR shops. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervising technicians and coordinators, training and coaching, performance management, maintaining business relationships with customers, sourcing potential customers, and cost/budget management. If you have a Journeyman’s License with of related supervisory/management experience, have proven leadership skills, possess good work ethics, are highly motivated, and love working with people, then we want to hear from you!
- Responsible for efficient, effective delivery of automotive repair/maintenance services dealers, corporate clients, and retail customers
- Plans and supervises department employees including allocation of assignments, inspection of work and performance management.
- Effectively manage departmental budget and ensure supportive documentation and reports are completed as required.
- Ensures profitability of the mechanical department by controlling operational costs and external expenses and by monitoring weekly sales versus related productivity
- Determines when a mechanical problem is arbitrable by analyzing issues submitted and determining if a problem is normal or abnormal.
- Responsible for estimating costs to a vehicle for Commercial Accounts or Leasing customers prior to sale and performs all approved work.
- Assists mechanics in vehicle troubleshooting.
- Provide arbitration services to customers as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent in education.
- Journeyman’s License with 3-5 years related supervisory/management experience. Post-secondary education preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experienced in repair and service of all types of vehicles.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability as a team player.
- Above average communication and problem-solving skills with positive professional attitude.
- A self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Adept at multi-tasking.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Mandatory background check conducted and cleared by OPENLANE.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.