Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented MEP Engineer (experience in Villa Community/ Buildings/ Infrastructure) to join our team! In this role you will get to perform wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses for mechanical systems. Experience in delivering MEP systems for building project. Knowledge of Dubai local authorities’ procedure.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Complete a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses for various mechanical designs and related deliverables during the design and construction stages for buildings and infrastructure disciplines.
- Scheduling and coordination of project interactions among client, consultants, contractors, and local stakeholders.
- Ability to integrate competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Experience and familiarity with Dubai Local Authorities’ procedural requirements, review requirements, and approval requirements.
- Ability to manage interdisciplinary teams of professionals and supporting labor categories.
- Manage the Mechanical Deliverables during the design and construction supervision stages to ensure the adherence to the contract documents and established project’s objectives. This includes but not limited to the followings:
o Deliverables related to Building MEP layouts, Utility layouts etc.
o Layouts and details of the HVAC, potable water, sewer and firefighting systems
o HVAC system and its components design reviews
o Firefighting and potable water system and its components design reviews
o Layouts and Details of the Potable water, Fire Water and Strom water pump stations elements including the pumps, pipes, valves and fittings etc.
o Pump selection, Chiller selection and pipe sizing for all disciplines
o Typical and standard details
- Participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Supports the project manager with the establishment of Project Design Management Plan, Project Execution Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for assigned project areas and is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of
- Project design briefs for team reference.
- Third party design consultant’s project KPIs and design deliverables in support of the design brief.
- Works with the project managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project; ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Provides support in maintaining current and timely change orders associated with third party design consultants.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- Monitors and reports to the project management on the progress of all project design and construction activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- Participates in weekly progress meetings to review project status and formulate action items.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering .
- 15+ years of managing and supervising building projects and infrastructure works.
- Work experience should include design and construction supervision for villas, buildings and infrastructure projects/disciplines.
- Have full and complete knowledge of existing infrastructure Networks in the Emirates of Dubai.
- Must have the ability to develop strong working relationships with third party client, consultants, contractors, and local authorities.
- Knowledge of industry standards.
- Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications.
- Experience of local government authority standards and international standards.
- Experience of liaising with local government authorities with their regulations and processes.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD or Primavera P3.
- Fluent in Arabic is an added advantage
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.