- Join a friendly & supportive multi-disciplinary team and provide exemplary administrative support to our consulting specialists & our patients.
- Permanent, full-time role (Monday-Friday, 38 hours).
- Competitive hourly rate, free on-site parking, Icon Benefits
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate has a background in practice administration, whether supporting specialists or similar in a dedicated secretary role, or within a clinic administration or reception role. Any health administration background is also desirable.
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 1200 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 23 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services and other specialist medical practices under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Medical Administrator to join our team at the Icon Cancer Centre. This position will report to the Practice Management Team Leader and will focus on the delivery of exceptional personalised patient care to patients and their families being cared for by our Icon Specialists & Visiting Medical Officers
- Act as the first point of contact for all patient enquiries for Clinicians/Specialists.
- Manage and triage new patient referrals as required
- Ensure the preparation for the start of each clinical session including room setup, equipment available, messages, correspondence.
- Undertake all billing processes; demonstrating a thorough understanding of outpatient clinics, fee types, payment and receipting policies.
- Ensure both internal and external customers receive an outstanding customer service experience through the provision of professional and responsive front of house services. This includes answering phones, greeting patients and visitors, ensuring details are documented and accurate, updated regularly and making appointments
- Providing emotional support to patients, families and carers
About the person we’re going to hire:
To ensure our integrated cancer centre delivers an exceptional experience for patients, their families, doctors, our staff and visitors, we are seeking a candidate who consistently demonstrates values aligned to those of the organisation, flexibility and a ‘can-do’ attitude.In return we offer a friendly, flexible and dynamic work environment, career development pathways, and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
Added Icon Benefits:
- Lucrative company-wide Rewards Portal: Discounts & Cash-Back across Experiences, Travel, Dining & Shopping (Save 4-5% at Woolworths, 10% of Booking.com!)
- Access to novated lease options via our partner RemServ: Pay off your personal car with pre-tax earnings, potentially saving you thousands!
- Employee Assistance Program: Confidential external counselling & support service. Talk about work, money, family and everything in between with extensively trained professionals.
- Development Pathways: We love hearing how we can help you thrive in your career! Set individual goals with leaders across the business and we’ll help you grow with us.
- Online Courses: Free access to an abundance of online courses in both clinical and non-clinical categories
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Experience in an outpatient or private hospital setting, or specialist clinic, is favourable.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the provision of exceptional patient care.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work positively as a member of the multidisciplinary team.
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.