Senior Financial Accountant
If you’ve ever thought about a career in aviation — now is the perfect time to take off with Jetstar! We are undertaking one of the biggest recruitment campaigns in our. Join us during an exciting period as we welcome more state-of-the-art aircraft, launch new international routes and continue our mission to help more people take off through low fares.
The Financial Control team is seeking a Senior Financial Accountant to support a key portfolio within the Jetstar Australia and New Zealand airline business. This is a critical role responsible for the financial control of operational costs and balances relating to Engineering, Inventory and Fixed Assets.
Reporting to the Finance Manager – Financial Control (Engineering), this position will provide you with versatility, autonomy, meaningful impact and opportunity for growth within the broader finance team.
The core responsibilities of this role include to;
- Provide accurate and timely monthly reporting on engineering expenses, inventory balances and CAPEX reporting.
- Ensure result reflects commercial arrangements and comply with external reporting requirements.
- Work with FP&A in monitoring actual performance vs forecast/budget.
- Contribute to Financial Control initiatives and projects, e.g., the delivery of streamlined activities across Jetstar and its Branded Airlines
- Provide accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Review work performed by outsourced providers to ensure smooth month end process and drive continuous improvement in everyday activities.
- Challenge current process, think differently and explore potential solutions to optimise repetitive tasks.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- CPA /CA Qualification
- Accounting experience in a complex environment, ideally overseeing operational costs
- Strong technical accounting, reporting and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- A collaborative, adaptable and proactive nature, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work to deadlines with strong commercial acumen
- A passion for the airline industry and ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid and dynamic environment
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and Japan. Launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 250 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 5000 flights a week to more than 85 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 130 aircraft.
Jetstar is alive with a sense of adventure. Day in and day out, our teams search for new places to fly, new ways to add value and new ideas to improve performance. If you love the road less travelled, you’ll love working here because ours is a team who innovate every day, thrive on delivery, support each other and celebrate our successes. You’ll be supported to challenge, anticipate and explore while you work will connect people and enrich lives. We encourage diversity and aim to create an environment where our employees feel valued, respected and enabled.
Team members have access to heavily discounted fares to destinations all over the world – not only for team members, but for their favourite travel companions too. Our staff travel benefit includes discounts on airfares, accommodation, car hire and travel insurance for both domestic and international travel. Discounts can be used within the Jetstar Group airlines, Qantas and other partner airlines.
To apply for this job please visit au.linkedin.com.