Senior Product Designer
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us to help define and design compelling experiences that empower teams to achieve more together. You will shape the direction of the core framework and messaging experiences for Microsoft Teams, the chat-based collaboration app that is changing how people work together.
Our design team is a highly collaborative group of user researchers, engineers, and product designers. We value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by our millions of users. We want them to love our products.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer that can conceptualize the big picture as well as drive detailed design development for collaboration and communications user experiences. You should have a proven record of innovative thinking, a history of using design to drive new ideas and the ability to help others to make the right design decisions.
At the core of this job, you will help move the Teams visual design language forward as well as improve the general craftsmanship of the product in a tactical way across mobile and desktop. You will work with product designers across the company to help ensure visual consistency in the features that are delivered. You will be working very closely with developers to implement high quality, pixel perfect, design-led initiatives. You should be able to articulate their thinking using a variety of mediums from design mocks, interaction flows to detailed prototypes and specifications. You will need to show attention to detail and passion in the work produced.
- Produce visual designs from concept to delivery.
- Create a variety of visual design documents such as mood boards, interaction flows / storyboards, product renderings/visualizations, motion studies, prototypes, iconography, illustrations, vision pieces, layouts, and specifications for a set of products, tools, and/or services.
- Proactively seek to improve craftsmanship issues in the desktop and mobile products today by identifying, articulating and proposing improvements in partnership with product managers and engineers.
- Design process starts with using the prescribed design system (e.g. content templates, icons, UI controls, navigation models, design trends). Expand and contribute back to the current design system based on changes in product needs, improvements, and updates in the industry.
- Advocate the use and adoption of the latest design system. This includes helping others understand how to use the system, as well as driving for consistency and alignment within the team.
- Work in lock step with engineering for product development and performs QAs to help them ensure ‘pixel perfect’ or detailed design implementation.
- Collaborate with developers to further iterate on designs during implementation to ensure optimal designs.
- Demonstrate ability to find alternatives, and make cases for designs to be implemented a certain way
- Generate solutions to design problems. Utilize a variety of perspectives when ideating (e.g. experience, technology, user research, business).
- Synthesize complex ideation solutions to concise articulation of user wants and subsequent solutions.
- Set context for stakeholders of what problems and user goals the project is setting out to resolve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 5+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR Master’s Degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, or related field AND 4+ years experience working in product or service design
- OR equivalent experience (e.g., experience using design thinking to solve problems).
- Ability to prototype samples in Code Sandbox
- Ability to breakdown design vision into a phased implementation plan
- A solid understanding of graphic/visual design, design systems and design tokens and an understanding of CSS
- History of working with engineers to implement simple animated interactions
- Experience working cross platform
- Experience working directly with users, running studies, or collaborating with a user researcher
- Proficient in Figma or Sketch
- History of working with engineers to ship your design in product
- Diverse portfolio that demonstrates aesthetic intuition
- Experience working with and managing design tokens
- Cross-team communication and presentation skills to get buy-in on your design
- Software design experience
- Graphic design experience
- Ability to multi-task on multiple features
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.